I am also descended through these lines and the info I have collected is not all verified but here goes.
1 James Sweet 18 Jun 1622
+ Mary Greene 19 May 1633 ( her fathers will)
+ Elizabeth Manchester
+ Mary Sherman
4. Thomas 30 Mar 1732
+ Sarah Congdon 1st
+ Frances Congdon 2nd
5. Samuel Thomas
+ Mary Elizabeth Sweet
3. Thomas 12 Aug 1703
+ Tabitha Bentley
4. Caleb G.
Children of James (3) and Mary (GREENE)
* i Philip (12), b. 15 Jul. 1655 in Warwick, Kent, Rhode Island, he m. Elizabeth (ALLEN), widow of William (ALLEN)
* ii. James (13), born 28 May 1657 in Warwick, Rhode Island he m. Hannah (ATCHMAN). He m. 2nd Mary (PIERCE) in 1711, widow of Robert (HILL).
iii. Mary, b. 2 Feb. 1660 in Warwick, Rhode Island m. Enoch PLACE) of Dorchester, Massachusetts. he d. in 1703. She m. 2nd. Samuel (WICKHAN). Mary and Enoch had a dau. Mary (PLACE) born 16 Oct 1697, she, m. George (HAZARD) of South Kingstown, Rhode Island. George b. in 1699 and d. in 1764. Mary Place (HAZARD) d. 2 May 1752, in East Greenwich. Rhode Island.wic
* iv. Benoni (14), (bonesetter) b. 28 Mar. 1663 in Warwick. Rhode Island. He m. Elizabeth (MANCHESTER). The following with reference to him is from "Updike's History of the Narragansett Church," Benoni had been a Captain in the British service; was well informed and of Polished manners. He was a "natural" bonesetter and the progenitor of the race of "bonesetters" in Rhode Island. He was styled "Dr. SWEET", he practiced in restoring dislocations only; was a regular communicant of the church; officiated as vesterman until his death. In the proceedings of the General Assembly held for the Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations at Newport, 6 Mar.1696, admitted freeman were; Philip, James, Benoni, John, and Daniel SWEET. Benoni died 19 Jul1752.Says the record: Capt. Benoni SWEET of North Kingstown, in the 90th year of his age.
Benoni SWEET(Capt.) (14), b. 28 Mar 1663, son of James SWEET (3), and Mary (GREENE). Benoni m. Elizabeth (MANCHESTER) abt. 1686, Benoni had been a Captain in the British service. He was a "natural bone-setter" He was styled "Dr. SWEET" but practiced in restoring dislocations only. He was a regular communicant of the church; officiated as vestryman until his death 19 July 1752. His will was dated 1745 and proved in North Kingstown 3 Aug. 1752. It mentions five of his children and his wife, Elizabeth. Their children all born in North Kingstown, Rhode Island.
SOURCE: S.L. film 0385003 descendants of James SWEET. Vital records of North Kingstown, Rhode Island. Vol.5 pg. 102. Marriage in records of South Kingstown, Rhode Island. "Church records of Narragansett," by Updike Published 1847 pg. 34; Arnolds Vital records of North Kingstown Vol. 5 pg. 102. Benoni, was baptized at St. Paul's Narragansett Church, 8 Nov 1724 (adult). He was born in Warwick, Rhode Island. Benoni was well informed and of polished manners. he was called "Doctor" because of his natural abilities for bone-setting. He died in his 90th year, 20 Jul 1751. Dr. Mac Sparran preached his funeral and he was buried in the cemetery of his ancestors. James 3, John 1
Children of Benoni (14) and Elizabeth (MANCHESTER)
* i. James (58) , b. 28 May 1687, James m, Mary (SHERMAN), 6 Jul 1714. He d. 19 Jul. 1751 in South Kingstown, Rhode Island.
ii. Margaret, b. 22 Sep. 1689, m. John (ALBRO).
* iii. Benoni (59), b. 7 Oct. 1692, m. Mary Elizabeth (SWEET). According to one family's records he moved to Nova Scotia in 1760.
iv. Mary, b. 8 Dec. 1696. m. Elisha (SHERMAN), had a dau. Mary SHERMAN.
v. Elizabeth, b. 12 Feb. 1700, m. Benjamin (CONGDON), 22 Nov. 1722. Her will was dated 1754.
* vi. Thomas (60), b. 12 Aug. 1703, m. Tabitha (BENTLEY), 11 Apr. 1728, dau. of William (BENTLEY) and Mary (ELIOT).
vii. Jushua, (61) b. abt 1705.
Thomas SWEET (60), b. 12 Aug 1703, son of Benoni (14) and Elizabeth (MANCHESTER). Thomas m. Tabitha (BENTLEY). 11 Apr 1728. South Kingstown Rhode Island. Thomas died in Hoosick, Rensselaer, County, New York.
SOURCE: Film #0385003, Descendants of James Sweet, vital records of South Kingstown vol. 5, pg. 182. Marriage in record of South Kingstown, Names of his children taken from tax list of 1760 of Hopkinton, Rhode Island,
Benoni 14, James 3, John 1
Children of Thomas (60) and Tabitha (BENTLEY)
i. Margaret, b. 1 Sep. 1728 in North Kingstown, Rhode Island. m. John (GIFFORD).
ii. Renewed, b. 14 Feb 1730, in North Kingstown, Rhode Island. m. Jonathan (CARD) 1763, of Amenia, Dutchess County, New York. who was b. abt 1725, d. 1802. He served in the American Revolution. She d. 1810.
iii. A son not named on the vital records, b. 12 Oct. 1732.
iv. Thaddiue,(163) b. 8 Oct. 1742, in North Kingstown, R.I. He m. Abigail (COTTRELL), of South Kingstown, 18 Feb 1766
* v. Caleb,(164) b. 26 May 1746, in North Kingstown, Rhode Island.
vi. Lebbeus,(165) b. 2 Dec. 1750 in Hopkinton, Rhode Island. m. Catherine (COLLINS), dau. of Hezekiah, of Hopkinton, Rhode Island. They had son Ethan (SWEET), b. 18 Mar 1773.