Search for content in message boards

sarah taff

Replies: 7

Re: sarah taff

Posted: 9 Mar 2010 3:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Giltner Taff Payne Rommel
In summary, no, I don't have good evidence, just coincidence.
The conflict in our data is your Abraham married Lucinda Mize in 1831. The Abraham I have is also the brother of Samuel Taff who married Eliza Giltner (she'd be my gg?? Aunt). And, there is a marriage record of Sarah Giltner marrying Isaac Taff (brother of Abraham). I haven't linked it yet, but I believe this Sarah Giltner is the sister of Eliza and she married a Taff. In 1852, when her father died she was single and living on the family farm. Did she marry Isaac Taff after 1852? I don't have proof, so I should not have said that in my email.
As far as Abraham, I don't know where I got the Sallie Giltner marriage, but it came from somewhere (duh). I mean I wouldn't have recorded it as "Sallie" without that being in the record. I think I must have gotten it from Clark county records, but I probably speculated it as this Abraham Taff (there was another one, who served inthe civil war in Illinois).
So, the only thing I know with certainty is the ELiza Giltner and Samuel Taff as they are listed in ELiza's father's will. Unfortunately, this family scattered after the father's death in 1852 so it's hard to trace them all. Her sister Christena Giltner married John Payne and her brother James married Henrietta Rommel, and her brother Jacob K married a Sarah and her brother Andrew Jackson (mine) married Mary Jane Baird and they moved to Missouri.
Sorry to ramble, but this is a tough family (giltner and taff in Clark county) to trace. I have land records I'm going through now, but haven't gotten much done yet.
Will try to let you know how it comes out.
Phil
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
msharpnycxo 28 Dec 2000 9:03PM GMT 
hansepw1 19 Nov 2006 2:44AM GMT 
photoflyer 9 Aug 2008 2:28AM GMT 
mvgrady 28 Dec 2007 5:42AM GMT 
BlueTigerDanc... 24 Feb 2010 7:22AM GMT 
hansepw1 8 Mar 2010 11:32PM GMT 
msharpnycxo 9 Mar 2010 12:54AM GMT 
hansepw1 9 Mar 2010 10:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic