Search for content in message boards

Taits In Georgia

Replies: 4

Re: Taits In Georgia

Posted: 29 May 2002 12:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dixie

James "Asbury" Tait, my great, great grandfather, was the son of Charles Tait and Ann Lucas. Charles' father was James Tait; this James was married I believe to Rebecca Hudson. I might be a generation off on that. James's father was William Tait. My family records indicate that James ( no middle name ) who was a Revoluntary War veteran moved his family following that war from Hanover County Va to Elbert Cty Ga.

Your William Hudson has to be in the mix somewhere! Judge Charles and his only surviving son, James A, move into Alabama from the Elbert Cty area around 1810 as did many other families from the Broad River area of Ga. James A's middle name which was a generational departure from the Virginia practice of not using middle names was in honor of Bishop Asbury.

I know that Judge Charles had a brother named James Miner who moved to Mississippi around the same time and I do not recall a brother named William, but my guess is that your William Hudson is a brother of Judge Charles and the son of James tait and Rebecca Hudson.

I have extensive records on all of this at my weekend home, and I will be happy to check for you if you will send me your email address.

Jim

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dixtait 1 Dec 2001 4:46AM GMT 
jtait1 28 May 2002 10:03PM GMT 
barbaranader 29 May 2002 1:08AM GMT 
jtait1 29 May 2002 6:43PM GMT 
Maureen Tait 7 Jul 2004 12:35AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions