Search for content in message boards

Jim Taylor born in Coffee County Alabama

Replies: 1

Jim Taylor born in Coffee County Alabama

Posted: 8 Mar 2007 7:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Steele
I am searching for information on my gg grandfather. This is all the information I have on him.Jim Taylor married Adaline Steele sometime between 1885 and 1900 when their first son was born. I have found my Adaline on an 1885 census record so I know she wasn't married then. Their first child Joseph AKA "Josephus" was born April 2 1890 or 1891. Second son was born Jan 25 1896: Herbert Henry. We believe Jim Taylor was born in Coffee County Alabama as this was written in my great grandmothers bible. Also written in her bible: Jim Taylor left for Texas alone when Herbert Henry was 9 months old. 1896 Came back to the family Jan 22 of 1913 and stayed 4 years before leaving once again for Texas.
Apparently he was in the "oil business". Whatever that means... lol The old timers say he tried to get Adaline to move to Texas but she refused. There were rumors that he had another family or several other families. Jim and Adaline lived in Laurel Hill, Florida. He supposedly worked for the post office there but I do not know in what capacity. They did have two daughters who died at birth...names unknown.
The only other thing I know is that he had a sister named Nancy who rumor has it married someone very influential in Texas whose last name may be White. Adaline Steele was born abt 1856-8 either in Laurel Hill, Florida or Florala Alabama I am not sure which as there is some debate over that. She died in 1952 in Florida. Her parents were Peter Steele and Mary Emily Carter. That is all I have on Jim Taylor. Does any of this ring any bells to anyone???
Thanks so much,
Rene Schaffer
pagirl@epix.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JnRene 8 Mar 2007 2:42PM GMT 
JnRene 1 Aug 2010 6:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic