Mystery Taylor Family

Replies: 15

James Taylor, a farmer in Ballyvester Donaghadee County Down, Northern Ireland

Shirley (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2002 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Oct 2003 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Baird, Gibson, Waugh, McWha
Dear Janet sorry for taking a little while to respond to your message. Unforutunately whilst I know that family names such as Thomas, John, James follow throughout families until I can firmly establish my James Taylor's wifes name I am rather stuck on names. He was a farmer in Ballyvester Donaghadee County Down Northern Ireland. Apparently and this is only come thu families and can get distorted, Robert Taylor was one of other siblings and my GGrandfather, it is suggested there was many. It has also been said that there was similar names throughout. James Taylor (as mentioned above is my GGGrandfather). Whilst my family seems to be mainly from Donaghadee area they also seemed to spread within a radius and even to Belfast. It was mentioned that relatives lived in other areas but never clear where. Other countries was USA, Engl, I know some went to Australia but these are connected names such as Gibson, Baird.(Many family clans intermarried). I noted your McGee, there is a connection through McGee it is on one of my mesage boards. I would love to share any further information I am howver limited in the Taylor names but maybe if we keep sharing and asking questions and with family names we may be able to find a link. Apparently my Great Aunt who married a Hugh Baird from Greyabbey use to say to her chn and grndchn that her family had blueblood suggesting that she cam from a womfortable background. My GGrandfather is said to have had a brother who was killed on a motorbike in NI it is also said that Robert had a son who also was killed on a motorbike in NI. Robert Taylor who married Jane Baird died at a very young age (40) from a disease similar to scarlet fever. It has been suggested that My James Taylor married an Eliza Jane Waugh but I have yet to firmly confirm. There is a James Taylor and Eliza Jane who lived in Donaghadee and had a son Robert at about the time my Robert would have been born. Robert Taylor as above was born the 15th November 1866, my sister was born on the 15th Nov, could be just a coincidence. My Great Aunt was called Eliza Jane Taylor. We have a definate link with McWha of County Down Northern Ireland and those not far living form me in NZ now. McWha has been suggested to be a variation of Waugh. Much infor in one aspect but little in another. I will leave it at that for now and look forward to your thoughts. Sincerely Shirley

The names listed are family names that has been established as family connections
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ShirleyTaylor... 10 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Janet 28 Jan 2002 1:57AM GMT 
Shirley 5 Feb 2002 1:00PM GMT 
terencewaugh 17 Aug 2009 11:59PM GMT 
aliceethel 27 Dec 2009 9:02PM GMT 
terencewaugh 31 Dec 2009 7:45PM GMT 
aliceethel 1 Jan 2010 1:00PM GMT 
sanssouci58 2 Jan 2010 12:39AM GMT 
sanssouci58 19 Aug 2009 4:38AM GMT 
Shirley 30 Sep 2003 10:45AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions