Early Long Island Terrys

Replies: 37

Re: Early Long Island Terrys

Posted: 28 May 2003 7:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Mar 2004 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: Terry, Peacock, Bigge, Havens, Tuthill, Curtis
Hi Scott.
Yes, I don't know how much of what I have is accurate, as it is all Internet based, without documentation, but I have it that Thomas , Robert, and Richard were the children of James Terry and his wife, Alsa Ann Peacock.
My ancestor Thomas, was the oldest, married a Marie Bigge, and they had 5 children, my ancestor, the youngest of the 5 was another Thomas born about 1650, and married an Elizabeth.(last name unknown) they had 4 children, my ancestor was the firstborn, another Thomas (born 1686) who married a Ruth Havens,and they had 5 children, my ancestor was the firstborn, named Jonathan, who married a Lydia Tuthill, and they had 10 children, the second child was my ancestor, a daughter named Lydia. She marrie a Silas Beebe,they had a daughter named Desire, who married a Cadman, they had a daughter named Rebecca, who married a Sprague, they had a daughter, Emeline, who married a Rykert, they had a daughter Adelaide, who married a John Curtis.....John and Adelaide Curtis were my Great Grandparents.
Pre Cadman, almost all my information came from Rootsweb, Gencircles, Long Island Geneology, and Family Search .Org.
Post Cadman comes from family records, as well as a little internet help....does this match what you have? or do you want more information about siblings? and do you have any information that you would like to share? would like to see it either here or by e-mail.
the information that I would like clarified, is the marriage date for Thomas and Elizabeth, as the dates that I see on the internet don't seem real to me (children being born 5 years before the marriage, to a 15year old mother...)am hoping to find more accurate records.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Scott Jolley 23 May 2003 6:15PM GMT 
JohnCurtis335... 24 May 2003 1:11AM GMT 
Scott Jolley 27 May 2003 3:11PM GMT 
JohnCurtis335... 29 May 2003 1:27AM GMT 
Ron Vest 24 May 2003 8:36PM GMT 
Scott Jolley 27 May 2003 3:23PM GMT 
susan953me 11 Jun 2003 1:15PM GMT 
Scott Jolley 11 Jun 2003 1:43PM GMT 
susan953me 11 Jun 2003 1:54PM GMT 
Matthew_Shelt... 21 Jun 2007 4:20PM GMT 
per page