Thom/Thoms In Louisiana

Replies: 4

Re: Thom/Thoms In Louisiana

Virginia Phelps (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2002 10:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Oct 2002 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: Thom, Thoms
The Thoms in West Feliciana parish are descendants of James Alexander Thom, second son of Alexander Thom the immigrant ancestor of this Thom family in America. I have been tracing this Thom family forward from Alexander and have posted what I know on the following web site:

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/p/h/e/Virginia-T-...

Click on the Genealogy Report at the bottom of the main page, then start with Alexander Thom (b. 1724) and click the linked numbers to move forward to Robert James Thom.

I'm not sure why but the southern branch of the Thom family adopted the spelling of the name with the "s" on the end - Thoms. However, some of the current descendants have now reverted to the spelling without the "s" - Thom.

Robert James Thoms and his four children are included on my web site but my information on his grandchildren is very thin. I would like to correspond with you to fill in more of the information on this family.

I don't have any information on Lucille Thoms born in 1907 but, as I mentioned above, I am working on this family going forward in time so may not have gotten to her yet. With the Thoms spelling, she likely belongs to this family.

Based on the spelling I have doubts that Edward Thomas is related but don't have any proof one way or the other.

Virginia
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gpmorgan721 22 Mar 2002 2:15PM GMT 
Virginia Phelps 22 Mar 2002 5:23PM GMT 
KATIE 10 Sep 2002 3:16AM GMT 
gale83trpwd00... 22 May 2002 4:10AM GMT 
gpmorgan721 22 May 2002 4:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions