Search for content in message boards

Researching Thompson families from Five Islands, Economy or Bass River, Colchester County, Nova Scotia, Canada

Replies: 3

Researching Thompson families from Five Islands, Economy or Bass River, Colchester County, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 9:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Feb 2013 11:00PM GMT
Surnames: Thompson, Thomson, Fulton, Durning, Davison, Crowe, Hannah, Marsh, Corbett, Myrick, Robinson, Watson, Hagan, Blakely, Stevinson, Hamilton
I am hoping to discover more biographical information about the Thompsons who settled and lived many generations in the Colchester County, Nova Scotia area.

Here is the line I am particularly interested in, but I am also collecting information that I find on the related surnames:

1. Archibald Thompson (probably was actually Thomson), of Scotch-Irish descent and married Elizabeth (Myrick) in Bridgewater, Massachusetts

2. Archibald Thompson Jr., who married Martha Robinson in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. He fought in the Seven Years War (French Indian War) and afterward he moved to Nova Scotia and became an original land grantee on Five Islands, Colchester County, Nova Scotia where I believe he lived out his life

3. Robinson Thompson, about whom I have discovered very little except from a letter to his sister Elizabeth. He married Isabelle Marsh, had at least 11 children and likely remained in Colchester County, Nova Scotia

4. Reverend Samuel R. Thompson who was a pastor of several Baptist churches and married (1) Catherine Hanna and then possibly (2) Ann Zenna Tina Yorke, and likely remained in Colchester County, Nova Scotia

5. John (Samuel) Thompson, who was a farmer and who married (1) Elizabeth Faulkner, then (2) Ruth Durning and then (3) Margaret Jane Marsh, and likely remained in Colchester County, Nova Scotia

6. Charles Robinson Thompson, who was a Blacksmith for 50 years and married Agnes Marion Fulton

7. Oral Edson (Tommy) Thompson, who was the last of this Thompson line to be born in Nova Scotia, he became a salesman and moved to Colorado and then Oregon and California and married Mary Ethel Hagan.

I have pieced together some details, hoping to add more.

If you are interested in collaborating to discover biographical information, please contact me, or we can discuss here in the message boards.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mthogent 21 Feb 2013 4:09PM GMT 
dthomp1961 31 Mar 2013 3:57PM GMT 
mthogent 8 Apr 2013 9:26PM GMT 
mbtham 6 Jun 2013 8:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions