Search for content in message boards

Looking for parents of Stephen Tice, b. 1824 in New Jersey

Replies: 2

Re: Looking for parents of Stephen Tice, b. 1824 in New Jersey

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 9:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Angela, thank you for your response!

I have also seen Ellen Tice listed on several censuses. In the 1850 census (age 10) she was living on the same street as Stephen Tice, but in the Adams' household. In 1860 (age 20)she was living with the Raub/Prawl family with no relationship mentioned. In the 1870 census (age 29) she was also with the Pittengers, and listed as "domestic servant" On the 1880 census (age 40) in which she was with the Pittenger famly, she is listed as a "Servant".

I have not yet figured out what her relationship is to the other Oxford NJ Tices. I noted that Ellen's parents were both born in Pennsylvania, so I need to back track a bit and see what I can find. But since she appeared to have been born in Oxford, I'm at a loss. Im not even sure that official birth records were kept in 1840, so I'm not sure where to turn next.

I have the "The Tice Families in America" and have scoured it to no avail. I have not even found Stephen Tice listed, nor any other Tices that I can tie to my family. Needless to say, this has been a frustrating process!

Thank you again for your reply - I'm going to keep plugging, and I'll keep you updated! We might end up finding that we're cousins. :)

-Ginny
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ginny Tice 19 Nov 2012 7:34PM GMT 
Angela_Tice 10 Dec 2012 12:48AM GMT 
Ginny Tice 10 Dec 2012 4:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions