Search for content in message boards

Maura Tierney Cambridge Massachusetts

Replies: 19

Re: Maura Tierney Cambridge Massachusetts

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 7:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Apr 2012 7:13PM GMT
Mike,
Wow, just found your post and I'm not possitive, but think you were talking to me! My Grandmother Loretta did live on Cape Cod, E.Falmouth to be exact. I did find the marriage record for Patrick and Margaret so knew both of their parents names and that they were from Newfoundland but not much else about them. I would love to know more! This side of the family is a mystery to me. I spent some summers at the Cape when I was young, great memories! There is another member I was in touch with on here,Susan Lenane. Her Grandmother was Rita, another sister of Loretta and Francis. I will attach her message to me:

***Hi Donna, I've only just started exploring. Your e-mail made something clear - I wasn't sure if Loretta, of whom my grandmother (Rita M.) often spoke, was a sister or a cousin. The 1930 census lists Patrick and Margaret, with son John L. and Daughters Mary F. and Rita M., and grandchildren Margaret (my mother, deceased) and Helen (still living in Dedham, Mass)all residing together. My grandmother was 36 then; the other siblings not mentioned may likely moved out of the house by then. I know my grandmother had to move back home because her husband never came back from WWI. She assumed him dead, but much later, when she tried to get his bonus, found he had abandoned her. My grandmother also spoke of Winnie and Josephine (I assume siblings?); I don't remember a Mary F. listed in the 1930 census- do you know if she died young? Also a Frances?
My grandmother was very interested in geneology, (though I never learned of my grandfather's abasndonment of her from her) - I wish I had listened more! She was terribly anti-English; I know sometime in the 60's she made a trip to Ireland and did some family tracing - the only salient fac t I recall is that she was shocked to find the family traced back to a member of Oliver Cromwell's invasion forces - she took that hard. The English name I recall being discussed was Bible. Let me know if you can add to this. Thanks. Susan Lenane ***

The more of us that get together the better!!! Please feel free to e-mail me direct if you wish at wr3225@roadrunner.com Thanks! Donna Rastok
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robert F Tie... 17 Jan 2010 11:44PM GMT 
midge1249 18 Jan 2010 12:52AM GMT 
Robert F Tie... 18 Jan 2010 1:10AM GMT 
MakerMike 12 Apr 2012 8:08PM GMT 
Robert F Tie... 12 Apr 2012 10:35PM GMT 
wr32251 24 Apr 2012 1:55PM GMT 
Cahir Tierney 9 Feb 2011 5:44PM GMT 
2007EDBIONIC 9 Feb 2011 5:49PM GMT 
Cahir Tierney 9 Feb 2011 5:59PM GMT 
2007EDBIONIC 9 Feb 2011 6:28PM GMT 
per page