Search for content in message boards

“Tiffany’s of America. History and Genealogy. Published by Nelson Otis Tiffany for and in the interest of Charles Lewis Tiffany of New York City, and of the Tiffany family.”

Replies: 37

“Tiffany’s of America. History and Genealogy. Published by Nelson Otis Tiffany for and in the interest of Charles Lewis Tiffany of New York City, and of the Tiffany family.”

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 11:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Listers:

My wife’s maiden name is Tiffany. We have a Xerox copy of the book “Tiffany’s of America. History and Genealogy. Published by Nelson Otis Tiffany for and in the interest of Charles Lewis Tiffany of New York City, and of the Tiffany family.” This book was published in 1903. I have copied every page of this book into a WORD document and am attempting to update as many of the numerous lines to the present time as possible. Would you be interested in contributing to my undertaking? If you would, please send me only full names and dates of birth, death and marriage from yourself back at least three or four generations. Hopefully that will lead to someone in the book. I am NOT soliciting any money for my project. I’m doing this as a hobby.

My wife’s lineage goes back to THOMAS TIFFANY who married Meletiah Tingley (daughter of Captain Timothy Tingley and Martha Day). Thomas was born on 31 May, 1756 and died on 12 May, 1835. He married in Attleboro, Massachusetts on 10 June, 1779 Meletiah Tingley. She was born in Attleboro, Massachusetts on 5 October, 1762 and died in Hartford, Pennsylvania on 7 May, 1835.

In the book it states, “In 1794, Squire Thomas Tiffany went from Attleboro, Massachusetts, with his wife and seven children, to what is now Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania, where he was with the famous “Nine Partners.” He built for himself and family a home on a hill overlooking the site of the historical “Nine Partners” spring, around which his descendants and those of his brother-in-law, Elkanah Tingley, annually gather. The home is owned by his family, and is occupied by his grandchildren. In 1799, he was commissioned justice of the peace, resigning the office in 1808, when his brother Hosea was appointed in his place. In 1893 there were five Tiffanys in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania holding the commission of justice of the peace from the governor of the commonwealth.”

Here is my wife’s lineage back to Humphrey:

Tonya Tiffany Robinson
her father: Guy Randolph Tiffany, Sr.
her grandfather: Finley Strayer Tiffany
her great-grandfather: John Wallace Tiffany
her great-great grandfather: Orville Tiffany
her great-great-great grandfather: Thomas Tiffany
her great-great-great-great grandfather: John Tiffany
her great-great-great-great-great grandfather: James Tiffany
her great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather: Humphrey Tiffany

I hope you’ll give serious consideration to contributing your personal history to my undertaking.

Thank you,

Harold Robinson
Gettysburg, PA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
haroldrobinso... 27 Jul 2004 5:21PM GMT 
John Tiffany 5 Aug 2004 2:15AM GMT 
haroldrobinso... 5 Aug 2004 12:18PM GMT 
Gene_Deasy 29 Jun 2006 12:33AM GMT 
Sandy Davis 14 Sep 2004 10:36PM GMT 
Angie Sullivan 7 Oct 2004 6:33AM GMT 
haroldrobinso... 8 Oct 2004 1:14PM GMT 
pete_lodge 27 Dec 2004 1:14AM GMT