Search for content in message boards

TITUS, CALVIN PEARL; Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient - Boxer Rebellion

Replies: 3

Re: TITUS, CALVIN PEARL; Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient - Boxer Rebellion

Posted: 8 Jan 2010 11:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a (German)Titus researcher and along with the (English)Titus researcher Bill Arthurs we did some information comparisons on research that had already been done and found that Calvin Pearl Titus is in the (German) Titus line. He was born to Calvin Titus and Cora E. Smith
at the date and location already listed on previous posts. His Father was the son of Thomas W. Titus and Mary Young. This family moved to the Iowa area in the 1840s from McDonough County, Illinois where they had moved in the 1830s from Johnson County, Indiana. Thomas and Mary were married in Johnson County, Indiana Nov. 24, 1831. Both of their families had moved to Indiana from Adams and Brown Counties in Ohio where they had moved from western Pennsylvania in current Armstrong County area. Thomas' Father was Peter Titus who is the brother to my 3rd Great Grandfather, James Titus. Their Father was John or Jonathan Titus of Armstrong County. In researching Armstrong and Pennsylvania care must be taken due to the family using John or Jonathan, Peter, and Daniel a lot in naming sons with these given names. There is a John, Sr. and a John, Jr. in Armstrong County that get mixed up. Of course Sr. is the Father of John, Jr., Peter, and James as well as others!! Going back to John, Sr.'s generation he had 2 brothers, Peter, Jr. and Daniel with their parents being Peter, Sr. and Mary Williams in current day Blair County, PA.

Thomas' Mother was Mary Young whose Father was Jesse Young Whose ancestry goes back through Armstrong County back to the state of Maryland.

From my research you must be Nancy K. Poundstone is your maiden name. I don't have much on your current generations but my line is still in Indiana and moved north of Indianapolis in the Logansport, Kokomo and Peru area. However, we are beginning to scatter out throughout the U. S. I live in northeast Texas a little ways from Titus County, Texas. Named after the English Titus line that moved here during the early years of Texas independence and when they became a state.

The reason I say our Titus line is German is from statements made by Jonathan Titus the founder of Titusville, PA. His line is his Father was Peter Titus, Jr., and his Grandparents were Peter Titus, Sr. and Mary Williams of Blair county, PA as mentioned above. In Jonathans written memoirs he states that his Grandfather referred to them as German. Also, the brother of Peter, Jr., Daniel, moved to Crawford County, PA. John,our line, moved to the current Armstrong County area. I don't know for sure but I believe John was the oldest of the 3 son's of Peter,Sr. and Mary Williams. I got a lot of research material from the Titus research done in Crawford County, PA of the earlier Titus ancestry. Peter, Sr. came from Staten Island and married Mary Williams before or after the journey from New York. Legend also states that Peter came to America with his 3 brothers, John, Daniel, and David and landed in Staten Island. Supposedly their journey started in Amsterdam and their parents were possibly Daniel Titus and Alvina Addams. I am a genealogy enthusuast (nut) if you can pick it up from my writing. I would love to converse and exchange genalogy information!! Thanks, Dan Titus
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jasche 21 Oct 2006 1:59PM GMT 
smartpacific 28 Aug 2009 7:10AM GMT 
det#tech 8 Jan 2010 6:06PM GMT 
Elizabeth Mar... 2 May 2013 1:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions