In your search for the parents of David E. Titus you should perhaps consider Zebina and Lavina (Whitcomb) Titus below as candidates. Zebina, his wife and 6 children were enumerated in 1840 at Onandoga, Onandoga Co., NY. The only other Titus family in the county was that of Joseph Titus, who had no children of the appropriate age. This theory is by no means a certainty, but is at least worth a try.
1. Zebina S. Titus. b. ca. 1785. d. Dec. 31, 1841. m. Lavina Whitcomb, daughter of Nathaniel and Salome (Snow). She b. Sep. 12, 1790. d. Apr. 7, 1846 at Onondaga, NY. Both buried in Pine Ridge Cemetery, Onondaga, NY. Their children:
2. Daughter b. 1820-1825.
2. Daughter b. 1820--1825.
2. Orrin W. Titus. b. Jan. 20, 1820 at Onondaga Hill, Onondaga Co., NY. d. May 26, 1909 at Syracuse, Onondaga Co., NY. m. Mary A. Stickles. She b. Jan. 9, 1823 in Dutchess Co., NY. d. Dec. 10, 1897 at Syracuse, NY. Both buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Syracuse, NY. Their children:
3. Frances M. Titus. b. Sep. 25, 1851 at Syracuse, Onondaga Co., NY. d. Dec. 19, 1920 at Syracuse, NY. Buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Syracuse, NY. m. Judson S. Thompson. He b. ca. 1836 in NY. (44 at 1880 census).
3. Eva Julia Titus. b. Jul. 20, 1854 at Syracuse, Onondaga Co., NY. d. Mar. 3, 1878 at Chicago, Cook Co., IL.
2. Son. 1825-1830.
2. Daughter b. 1825-1830.
2. Son b. 1830-1835. David E. Titus?