Search for content in message boards

Travis Family Tree

Replies: 81

Travis Family Tree

M. Travis (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2000 4:23PM GMT
My father is a direct decendent of William Barrett Travis. His father is William Boyd Travis. Col. William Barrett Travis is a uncle to me and my family from several generations ago. How many, I am not quite sure.

I know when I was young, my father took our family to Texas to the Alamo. They had a registry which my brother Bill signed. My brother's name is William Barrett Travis III. As we were touring, they called our name over the PA system. Of course we responded not knowing what was going on. We were met by the head of staff there and wisked away. As I recall the same day or the next we went and met the Mayor of San Antonio. He interviewed my father and brother and even had the news reporter's there. Which of course they took pictures. We made the newspaers:).

I know that Col. WBT had family in Alabama. My greatgrand mother lived in Brutten (?) AL.. I am not sure of my greatgrand mother's first name, mainly because I callecd her grandmom. My greatgrand mother had 3 sons. There was Charles, Pug, and Bill. Bill being my grandfather, my father's dad. Keeping up!

I know that my great uncle Charles lived in Virgina until he passed and my great uncle Pug lived in Phildelphia until he passed, and my grandfather William B Travis lived in Lancaster PA until he passed.

I know that my great uncle Charles has children and so does my great uncle Pug, and of course I would not be here if it weren't for my grandfather William B. Travis.

My grandfather married my grandmother Naomi. They had 2 son's. One is my father William Barrett Travis II, and the other is my uncle James Travis. They both had only one son. Unfortunatly (?) my uncle Jimmy's son James Jr. (I believe) passed away.

My father WBT II. passed in March of 97 at the age of 62. My brother WBT III. also has only one son for which is also named William Travis.

I believe I have the history right so far. A couple of things could be off (e.g.) the generation of my father being the II and my brother being the III.

If there is any relatives out there who are decendents of the Travis legacy please e-mail me. I would be delighted to hear from you. Much love and God Bless
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
M. Travis 28 Jul 2000 10:23PM GMT 
M. TRAVIS 28 Jul 2000 11:23PM GMT 
Travis Family Tree 29 Jul 2000 10:23AM GMT 
DARRENTRAVIS1... 30 Jul 2000 8:55PM GMT 
M. Travis 31 Jul 2000 8:57AM GMT 
esther 10 Aug 2000 5:44AM GMT 
M. Travis 10 Aug 2000 8:28PM GMT 
Esther Travis 10 Aug 2000 8:38PM GMT 
M. Travis 11 Aug 2000 7:37AM GMT 
esther 11 Aug 2000 7:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions