Search for content in message boards

Troxell's of Kentucky

Replies: 29

Troxell

Posted: 10 Mar 2001 3:28AM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2002 10:21AM GMT
Hi, I have info about Big Jake and Little Jake--not a whole lot but some. This Big Jake I believe came to visit my family of John Goerge Troxell of Florence, Al. I have the line which he took, also visited some in Et. Tn. I will put it up for you. My side is related to Conrad Weiser of Pa. I believe they are connected to Wiser of NY. and Wavy Russell in Southern Ky. There is a lady in Pa. who is related to Christian Troxell one of the brothers and she wrote to one of the members in this family. Loralee I also have a Janet Leland Henderson in Ca. father is John Campbell Henderson and Johanna Louise Barlky. Here is mine--John Troxell and Elizabeth Mohler of Adams Co. Gettysburg, Pa. son John Troxell m. Catherine Ackerman dau. Catherine Troxel and Robert Tate m. July 26, 1838 in Adams Gettsburg, Pa. b. 185? 1898 buried at Evergreen Cemetery. Robert b. 1819 d. 1878. Margaret Merkle came from Baltimore, Md., she m. Michael Troxell who lived in Florence, Al. Jacob Merkle m. Margaret Catherine Fricker, they were the ones who lived in Reading Pa. as did Christian Merchlin m. Julianna Gurest? of Oley, Pa. There was a Jacob Troxell who lived in Lancaster, Pa. and Elizabeth Mohler, his mother is buried there. Here is a Jacob Troxell 1786 with Elizabeth Ankney in 1806 Washington Co., Md. and Susannah Rhoads m. 1812 Washington Co. Md. Is this Jacob son of David Troxell b. 1786 Washington Co. Md. I have been trying to figure out all these Jacobs and Davids. I have been trying to find the David Troxell who was brother to John and Jacob. I never found his. I believe he was a peacher? I have pages of Troxell's Trails. My family was Daniel Troxell the second son of Peter Trachsel the Emi. There was Peter Trachsel as first son and mine was Daniel. Mine was Daniel Troxell who had land 200 acres which he farmed but sold to John Roth in 1767 and moved to Adams Co. He married Sophia Dotterer who was born March 5, 1726, the dau. of Michael and his wife Anna Maria Fisher Dotterer. It says of the children of Daniel and Sophia only one name is known but of the sons they are as fellows----Daniel Troxell born 8 Mar. 1749, Adam Troxell b. 15 Mar. 1758, Anthony Troxell, David Troxell b. Jan. 26, 1755, Jacob Troxell b. 1756, John Troxell Born 3 May 1761 m. Elizabeth Mohler[this is mine] and Elizabeth Troxell b. April 8, 1760 lived in Oh. m. Carpenter. David Troxell ? may have lived on the Potomac River of Va. David's son George Jacob was found on in the 1782 tax list for Loudoun Co. va. Is it George Jacob Troxell who was in Ky. George Jacob Troxell was called Big Jake and son Little Jake. He moved to Md. Then to Va. Was he David's son? He or some of the family lived in Et. tn. maybe Washington Co. Tn. I have some info but will have to find it. Then to Florence, Al and then to Ky. in the Cumberland Mts. Was Little Jake the head of the Shawnee Indians in Southern Ky. and some were in Tn. Son Daniel Troxell #11 in Troxell's Trails son of Daniel and Sophia was born in the Jordan Valley, Bucks Co. Pa. near the community of Egypt, Pa. the Jordon Lutheran Church Whitehall Twp records his b. Mar. 5, 1749. I have no idea where he went. Adam Troxell in Taneytown, Anthony in near Egypt, Pa., David Troxell b. in Bucks Co. Jacob Troxell in Frederick Co. Md. then mine John Troxell m. Anne Sophia Dotterer this is my grandmother's line---her father was John George Troxell of Florence Ala when to Pittysburg, Indiana had a farm and built bridges. Was in the Civil War--I have a picture of him from a book with Civil War soldiers in it. His children were John Troxel b. 1781, Salome Troxel, b. Apr 13, 1784, David Troxel b. Jan. 30, 1790, Michael Troxel, b. 1793, Jacob lived in Oh., Anna Maria Troxel b. May 11, 1794, Hannah Troxel, Abraham Troxel and Sarah Troxell. I will have to find the rest of this and about George Jacob Troxell. Loralee
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
June Kerns 18 Apr 2001 4:58PM GMT 
wanda 13 Apr 2003 4:25AM GMT 
rbranch67 9 Aug 2002 9:18PM GMT 
bjhearts 7 Nov 2002 11:02PM GMT 
Troxell 30 Aug 2000 9:09AM GMT 
_MATELA_ 2 Oct 2000 11:51PM GMT 
Ryan Roberts 3 Oct 2000 1:40PM GMT 
LBoegly 10 Mar 2001 10:28AM GMT 
Wythers 3 Oct 2000 11:05AM GMT 
Marcia Crabtree 20 Jun 2003 5:41AM GMT 
per page