Search for content in message boards

Turnbull problems here on Ancestry

Replies: 0

Turnbull problems here on Ancestry

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 5:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Turnbull
Hi Folks,
I've not been active here for most of the last 10 months, but I came back today to look something up.There were several 'hints' to trees I ought to check up on, so I did.

It seems there have been about six families who've just taken the information in my tree, which I've spent 32 years slowly collecting and verifying, and doubly verifying, and they have attached it to a few names in their trees, which I know to be blatantly incorrect or certainly not in ours.

It seems there is not Ancestry way to get the to 'remove' the connection either, in spite of me knowing it is wrong.
They have just taken the easy way, and applied census and BDM names suggested by Ancestry, to their own names.
I know in two instances there are identical names,David Turnbull, both born in Dundee in 1826, but the subsequent families of them are separate. These blighters have enmeshed the unrelated siblings together as if it is one family, and to make matters worse, they added a new spouse and some extra kids while the other spouse is still having kids.

Anyone can see there's been an error by them!

I've sent messages, and I know from the data they use that they 'stole' off from my tree, but they won't disentangle the mess they've created...

Can anything be done?

Thanks (sorry, rant over!)

Ian

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions