Search for content in message boards

joseph turnbull

Replies: 4

Re: joseph turnbull

Posted: 23 Sep 2013 12:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Turnbull, Billington, Dorner, Fossey, Pearson
Hi, Tara. I think I might have some of the information you are searching for. I have to hunt around for it a bit but will do so happily and pass it on as soon as I find it. I was surprised and delighted to see your name linked to Joseph Turnbull and Lilly Grace Billington, and that we are related. I am your father's sister, April. My Aunt Margaret (Lily's daughter) shared some family history with me that I kept a record of and I have photos etc. that I would love you to have if you would like. Your great grandfather, Joseph was a "Geordie" (from Northumberland) and your great grandmother, Lily Grace was from just across the border on the English side. I have an amazing photo of your great-great-grandmother and also of great-grandfather Joseph. Joseph was an active member of the Cricket Club in Stanley Park and he was a civil engineer in Vancouver, he helped develop one of the beautiful gardens here, and he was a firm believer that his daughter should be just as good at math as the boys, especially the banker's boys and his wife, Lily, very talented herself, believed that her sons should all have an education in art, music, sewing, cooking in addition to the scholastic education. Already, a woman ahead of her time.:)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
taramarie50 15 Aug 2013 12:10AM GMT 
James Greiner 16 Aug 2013 12:58PM GMT 
april collins 23 Sep 2013 6:57AM GMT 
taramarie50 26 Nov 2013 5:46PM GMT 
april collins 8 Apr 2014 5:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic