Search for content in message boards

Ullom list finished

Replies: 0

Ullom list finished

LauraNellePolandMallett (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2005 9:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ullom
Agnes Pauline “Polly” Nelson Ullom, died March 26, 1992, in Washington Hospital following a lengthy illness. She was 77. I have rest of obit.

Ullom, In loving memory of Alverda R. Ullom who passed away one year ago today, May 27, 1981.
I have this sm. Article
Anna Ullom. 79, of Orange Park, Florida, died Monday, March 6, 1995, in Orange Park.
A native Washington, she had resided in Florida following the deaths of her husband, Walter W. Ullom Sr. and her son, Walter W. Ullom, Jr. I have rest of obit.

Betty G. Ullom, 68, Bellmead Apartments, Washington, died in her home at 9:10 PM Wednesday, 30 July 1986 after suffering a heart attack.
She was a daughter of Frank S. & Lucy Ross Ullom and was born 15 August 1917 in Waynesburg, where she resided all her life until moving to moved to Washington 2 years ago.
Miss Ullom was a member of First Presbyterian Church of Waynesburg.
Surviving are brother, John R. Ullom of Waynesburg, a nephew John R. Ullom II of New
Hope, and several cousins.
A brother Frank “Pete” Ullom is deceased. Burial in Rosemont Cemetery.
Washington Observer Reporter
August 1, 1986, Friday

Charles Benson and Lillie Irene Hinerman Ullom, I have their 60 anniversary article

Delilah S. Ullom,
more:
I have this

Donald and Phyllis Ullom, I have their 30 years anniversary.

Dorothy Sampson Ullom, of Park Ave., North Franklin Township, died at 1:45 PM Friday, Aug. 11, 1995, in Washington Hospital following a three-month illness. I have the rest of this obit.

Flora Porter Ullom, 69, of Route 18 Mobile Home Park, formerly of Henderson Ave., Washington, died at 5:30 AM Monday, Oct. 25, 1982, in Washington Hospital following a two-month illness. I have the rest of this obit.

Flora E. Bambarger Ullom, 84, of Amity, died Monday, Dec. 7, 1970, at 5:30 PM after a four year illness. I have the rest of the obit

Waynesburg, Oct. 29.-Apparently despondent over continued ill health and prolonged suffering, Dr. Frank S. Ullom, one of the best known physicians of Waynesburg, took his own life in his office this afternoon by shooting himself, dying almost instantly. I have the rest of the obit.

Franklin Pierce Ullom, a well known carpenter and contractor, formerly of Waynesburg, was found dead near his home, 1527 Abstract Avenue, “Carrick,” Pittsburgh, Tuesday evening, at 5 o’clock. He was discovered by his son, William A. Ullom, lying in the yard at his home, death having resulted from heart’s disease.
He was 65 years of age and was born in Waynesburg. He was well known as a carpenter and stair builder and was a most excellent mechanic. His wife died about a year ago. He is survived by one son, W. A. Ullom, and two daughters, Mrs. Jessie U. Fonner and Miss Nancy Ullom. Three sisters and five brothers survive him. The funeral will be held Thursday evening at 8 o’clock, at his late home. He was a member of the Christian Church and was highly respected.

Helen T. Ullom, 76, formerly of Canonsburg, of Point Place Community, Toledo, Ohio, died Wednesday, April 2, 1997, in St. Vincent-Mercy Medical Center.
Surviving are her husband, Roger Ullom; two sons, Roger and Brian Ullom; two daughters, Heidi Counts and Robin Dunham; two sisters, Nina Rotella and Eleanore Mullen of Canonsburg; and seven grandchildren.

Herbert A. “Rab” Ullom, 74, of Waynesburg, died Saturday, Aug. 7, 2004, in his home. I have rest of obit

Inis Ullom, 75, of Sundale Nursing Home, Morgantown, and formerly of Booth Towers, Fairmont, died Thursday, Jan. 27, 2000, at Monongalia General Hospital.
She was born June 3, 1924, in Fairmont, daughter of the late John Nelson and Rosie Lee Shreve.
She is survived by a daughter, Mrs. John “Ethel Rosilie” Shoemaker, of Morgantown; a sister, Dori Lawson; four grandchildren, Sherry, John Jr. and Steven Shoemaker, and Stacy Lewis; 11 great-grandchildren, Channing, Garrette, Nicole, Joni and Steven Jr. Shoemaker, Rosemary, Charles and John Chase, Brittany and Brandi Lewis, and John Cox.
She was also preceded in death by her husband, Albert Bradley Ullom; six brothers, James E., George W., John H., Benjamin F., Joe C. and Lawrence Shreve; and four sisters, Luezial Butcher, Goldie Pearl, Uernie Layman and Permillas Lee Brewer.
Friends may call at Domico Funeral Home, 414 Gaston Ave., Fairmont, from 1:30-9 PM Sunday and from 9 AM Monday, Jan. 31, until 10 AM Entombment will be at the Grandview Memorial Gardens Mausoleum.

Isaac Bailey Ullom, 74, former well known local contractor and builder, died Friday, June 2, at 4:35 PM at the Bethesda Hospital, Zanesville, Ohio, following an illness of several weeks duration. He had made his home in Zanesville since 1931.
Mr. Ullom was born in Aleppo Township, Greene County, on September 19, 1870, and was a son of Madison and Melissa Hupp Ullom. He came to Washington in 1916 and was employed as a machinist for the Tyler Tube and Pipe company. He later was engaged in the contracting and building business. While in Washington he was member of the First Baptist Church.
Mr. Ullom married Daisy Lyon on September 8, 1898. Besides his wife, he is survived by four children: W. Harold, Circleville, Ohio; Kenneth J., Arlington, Va.; Cecil G. D., Gabby Heights, and Jennings H., Akron, Ohio He also leaves eight grandchildren; two brothers, L. H. and Thomas, both of Washington; two sisters, Mrs. Jessiah Gumm and Mrs. Elizabeth McCracken; two half-sisters, Mrs. Same B. West and Mrs. Cecil Snyder, California State, and one half-brother William Gumm, Cameron, W.Va.
source: newspaper clipping, Washington Pa., Washington-Reporter

Ivan Ullom Sr., 80, of 129 Dorothy Ave., Washington, died at 12:15 PM Monday, March 17, 1997, in Washington Hospital following a lengthy illness. I have rest of obit

J. Halbert Ullom, aged 29, died suddenly at his home in Morris Township early Saturday morning, Oct. 26, 1929. I have rest of obit

Jennings H. Ullom, 65, of 850 East Maiden Street, died at 12:40 AM Saturday, February 22, 1975 in Washington Hospital.
He was born March 13, 1909, in Barnesville, Ohio, the son of Isaac and Daisy Lyons Ullom.
He was the former owner and operator of C and C Service Inc., 850 East Maiden Street, and was later employed as bookkeeper by the Van-Ed Motor Sales, Washington.
He was a 1928 graduate of Washington High School and attended the Pittsburgh School of Accountancy.
Mr. Ullom was a member of the Faith United Presbyterian Church, Akron Lodge 83 F and AM, Washington Royal Arch Chapter 150, Washington Council No 1., Royal and Select Masters.
He was married in Washington December 23, 1933 to Helen Callender, who survives.
Also surviving are a son, Jack D. Ullom of Washington; a daughter, Donna Jean, wife of James Carmichael of Syracuse, N.Y.; a brother, Cecil C. D. Ullom of Washington and six grandchildren.
Two brothers, Harold and Kenneth Ullom are deceased.
More:
Friends of Jennings H. Ullom of 850 East maiden Street, who died February 22, 1975, will be received from 12 to 3 PM Sunday, 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM Monday in the Richard H. Piatt Funeral Home, 130 East Wheeling, Street, where services will be held at 11 AM Tuesday, Feb 25 in charge of the Rev. Raymond F. Jones of the Faith United Presbyterian Church. Burial in Washington Cemetery

Lancaster- Jesse E. Ullom, 69, Lancaster, formerly of Rayland, died Friday evening at home. He was born March 17, 1906, in Greene County, son of Jesse D. and Dessis Morris Ullom.
He was a member of Martins Ferry Eagles Aerie 456 and Rushcreek Presbyterian Church, Lancaster, and was a retired employe of Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel.
Surviving are his wive, Elizabeth Jane Ullom; one daughter, Mrs. Don “Jane” Schiereth, with whom he resided; two grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Henry Robison, Clarksville, Pa., three brothers, Ralph of Bonito, Fla., Ivan and Harry Ullom, Washington, Pa.
Friends will be received at the Frank E. Smith Funeral Home, Lancaster, after noon Sunday, and Monday 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM, where services will be held Tuesday at 1:30 PM with Dr. W. Russell Gilmore officiating. Burial in Floral Hills Memory Garden, Lancaster.

John Ullom engagement to Denise Robert Lynch. I have it.

Laura Alma Day Ullom, 92, of Washington RD 4, died Thursday, Nov. 24, 1994, in Presbyterian Medical Center, Washington. I have the rest of the obit

Lois Bissett Ullom, I have a small In memory of

Mary E. Snyder Ullom, 84, of Greensboro Star Route, Waynesburg, died at 7:50 AM Monday, March 16, 1992, in Greene County Memorial Hospital, following a four-month illness. I have rest of obit

Melvin C. Ullom,
more:
I have it

Opal St. Clair Ullom, 68, of 825 Sherman Ave., Waynesburg, died at 6 AM Tuesday, Aug. 17, 1982, in Greene County Memorial Hospital following an illness of one year. I have rest of obit

Ralph E. “Shorty”Ullom, 67, of 4383 17th Place, SW Golden Gate, Fla., died Sunday, May 4, 1980, in Naples Fla., Hospital following major surgery.
He was born Oct. 3, 1912, in Pa., a son of Jesse and Dessie Mae Morris Ullom, and Washington prior to moving to Florida in 1975.
He had been employed by Brockway Glass Company in Washington for 18 years.
Mr. Ullom was a member of Waynesburg United Methodist Church; Waynesburg Lodge 153, F & AM. Scottish Rite Valley of Pittsburgh Syria Temple of Pittsburgh and Naples Shrine Club. He was a member of Naples Hi-12 Club and AARP and at the time of his death was employed part time by the Hertz Company.
In 1942 he was married to Sara V. Hull of Waynesburg, who died in 1974. Eight brothers and sisters are also deceased.
Surviving are his wife, Mary McClelland Ullom; one sister, Mrs. Henry “Inez” Robison of Clarksville; a brother, Ivan L.Ullom, Washington; a Stepdaughter, Mrs. Rosalie S. Alger of Holbrook; two stepsons, James W. Stewart of Holbrook and Blair L.Stewart, of Graysville; also several nieces and nephews.
The funeral was held at 2 PM Tuesday, May 6, in the Casto Funeral Chapel. Golden Gate. The family suggests memorial contributions be made to the Shrine Crippled Children’s Hospital, and Burn Clinic.

Rex D. Ullom, 87, of Cameron, W. Va., formerly of Aleppo Township, died unexpectedly Wednesday, July 15, 1992, in Reynolds Memorial Hospital, Glen Dale, W. Va.
He was born Oct. 10, 1904, in Aleppo Township, a son of Robert and Ida Moore Ullom.
Mr. Ullom had resided in Aleppo Township most of his life. He was employed as a station engineer with Columbia Gas Transmission Corp. For 30 years, retiring in 1968 from the company’s Majorsville station. He was a member of Columbia Gas Quarter Century Club.
He was a member of Aleppo Brethern Church, where he had formerly served as a Sunday school teacher and deacon.
On Jan. 4, 1930, he married Myrl A. Miller Ullom, whom survives.
Also surviving are a son, David L. Ullom of Warren, Ohio; three brothers, Robert J. Ullom of Washington, Clair D. Ullom of Kittanning, and James W. Ullom of Cameron; three sisters, Margaret Riffle, Norma Jean McCracken and Kathryn Hinerman, all of Aleppo Township; three grandchildren, Bonnie Fool, David M. Ullom and Joy Watson; nine great-grandchildren and two step-great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
Deceased are four sisters, Olive E. Miller, H. Pauline Jones, Edna Nichols and Nelle Pounds
more:
Friends of Rex D. Ullom of Cameron, W. Va., formerly of Aleppo Township, who died Wednesday, July 15, 1992, will be received from 2-4 and 7-9 PM Friday in the Rush Funeral Home, Rogersville, and from noon to 1 PM Saturday, July 18, the time of service in Aleppo Brethern Church, with the Rev. David Lund officiating. Interment in Centennial Cemetery, Aleppo Township.

A 97-year -old resident of Aleppo Township died at 3:45 PM Wednesday, December 15, 1965. Robert “Daddy Bob” Ullom had been the oldest resident of that community.
He was born in Aleppo July 20, 1868, and had resided there all of his life. He and his wife, the former Ida Moore, were married Feb. 10, 1898. Had he lived they would have celebrated their 69th wedding anniversary next Feb.
The son of Harrison and Rebecca Yates Ullom, Mr. Ullom followed farming and stock raising all of his life. He was a member of the Aleppo Brethern Church.
Surviving, in addition to his widow, are ten children: Rex and Margaret Riffle of Alleppo; Robert of Washington, Pa.; Clair of Kittanning; Waren and Kathryn Hinerman, both of Cameron, W. Va., Nelle Pounds and Pauline Jones of New Freeport; Olive Miller of Elkins, W. Va.; and Norma Jean McCracken of Cameron RD. One daughter, Edna Nichola is deceased.
Also surviving are 18 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; a brother, Edward of Croton. Ohio and a sister, Mrs. Catherine Wilson of Cameron, W. Va. Mrs. Wilson is now in her 99th year.
Five brothers and six sisters are deceased.

West Virginia carpenter born in Greene County
Robert C. Ullom, 91, of Valley Grove, W.Va., died Tuesday, January 21, 2003. He had spent the past four years in Park Medical Center in St. Clairsville, Ohio.
He was born December 28, 1911, in Greene County, a son of Clifton B. and Rozenie Moore Ullom.
Mr. Ullom was a World War II veteran and had been a carpenter all his life.
His wife, Florence McClelland, died in 1997.
Surviving are several nieces and nephews.
Mr. Ullom was the last of his immediate family.
Deceased are two sisters, Effie Ewart and Elizabeth Ullom, who died in infancy; and four brothers, Henry, Thomas, Emerson and Elijah.
I also have his 60 year anniversary article

Waynesburg, June 4.- Rufas K. Ullom, aged 71 years, well known native of this place, died today at noon at his home in South Richhill Street of heart trouble. Mr. Ullom had been in poor health for some time but was able to get around and his death was unexpected. Born here April 9, 1853, he spent all his life here. He was a carpenter and specialized in making stairs. He was a member of the Christian church.
Besides his wife, Rachel A. Ullom, and a daughter, Ida, he leaves the following brothers and sisters; Thomp Ullom, Waynesburg; C. B. Ullom, Waynesburg; Mrs. Maggie Hunnell, Waynesburg; Mrs. Julia Rush, Dunns Station; J. M. Ullom, Washington; C. H. Ullom, McConnells Mills, and G. A. Ullom, Carnegie.
Funeral services will be held Friday afternoon at 2 o’clock in charge of Rev. J. N. Scholes, of the Christian Church.”Note” at the bottom of my obit is hand written 1924...LNPM

Find a board about a specific topic