Search for content in message boards

UPCHURCHes of Indian Territory and Oklahoma Territory

Replies: 6

UPCHURCHes of Indian Territory and Oklahoma Territory

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 8:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Upchurch, Davenport, McSwain, Perrine,
From reading through many of the old postings, I see there were several different clans of UPCHURCHes who came into Oklahoma before statehood (1907).

I'm looking for any relatives or descendants of the ones who came from North Carolina through Arkansas, and then into Indian Territory. These would be the ones associated with Allen UPCHURCH (b 1779, d. 1848) and Patrick Bogan UPCHUCH (b. 1816, d. 1885).

I know PBU and at least one brother, left NC headed west sometime between 1854 and 1859. They settled in Conway County, Arkansas for several years, before, in 1891, Charles Wesley UPCHURCH and his brother David UPCHURCH pulled up stakes and came to Indian Territory -- to a spot just east of Wayne in McClain County. The others also left Arkansas, some joining Charles, others going further, into Oklahoma Territory.

I know one of the others was Strickland Upchurch who settled in the Clinton, Oklahoma Territory area. I have quite a bit of data on this line (and know someone from the line who has researched it thoroughly).

I have loads of info on Charles Wesley UPCHURCH, (my line) and would like to learn more about his Upchurch siblings and cousins who also came this way!

Anyone else from this line?

Mae Cox in Oklahoma
UPCHUCHes: Michael > Richard > John > James III > Harmon > Allen > Patrick Bogan > Charles Wesley
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MaeCox 30 Sep 2007 2:22PM GMT 
Belinda Dawn ... 24 Oct 2012 1:37AM GMT 
MaeCox38 24 Oct 2012 1:29PM GMT 
Belinda Dawn ... 24 Oct 2012 3:05PM GMT 
Belinda Dawn ... 24 Oct 2012 5:24PM GMT 
SHONDAABERCRO... 14 Dec 2012 6:00AM GMT 
MaeCox 19 Feb 2013 6:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic