Some of the info came from a gedcom file posted by Glen Maxey of Austin, Tx, on the marriage of Vincent Vass and Ann Rust. There is also a book content of the Kay-Pendleton-Neel Families listed on genealogylibrary.com that writes of the John Vass and son Philip Vincent Vass families. I also have copies of ancestry files from the LDS files.
Having said all of that, I have been to the Monroe Co WVA Historical Society in Union. They have a back room with numerous books of the families of Monroe County that have been notated by people who have done recearch on their line. The Vass line is on of them. I copied several pages from the Vass book. Here is what I copied on Philip Vincent Vass:
Philip Vincent Vass, born 1720 Spotsylvania, Co, Va, Buried in the Vass Cem, Pike Run, Spots Co, Va.
(In the records of Spotsylvania, Va, will book D, page 76, it states that John Cathrae, guardian to Rice Vass, orphan of Philip V. Vass, with Edward Herndon and Oliver Towles, sec. Sept 10, 1770).
Parents of Philip Vincent was John Vass and Rachel Pendleton. Here the wife of Philip Vincent is listed as Mary Curtis, the dau. of Rice Curtis and Martha Thacker, having been born in 1726, in Spots Co, Va. died in 1804. They list the following children for Philip Vincent and Mary Curtis:
1. Rachel Vass
2. Martha Vass, born 1740, died 1852 Middlesex Co, Va, married William Jackson, 7 May 1792.
3. John Vass born 1743, no children
4. Rice Curtis Vass, born 1750, died 1815, married an Ann, in 1772, and a Peggy, in 1784.
5. Thomas Vass born 1752, wife Mary?
6. Philip Vincent Vass, Jr. born 17 Feb 1763, in Louisa Co, Va; married Susannah Mead, 28 Dec 1780, in Spots. Co, Va. Susanna, died 09 May 1816. Philip, Jr. died after 1840. He moved to Monroe Co, in 1800, had 10 sons, 1 dau.
John Vass, the only son of Vincent Vass and Ann Sharpe, married Rachel Pendleton. They had 6 children; 4 boys, Philip Vincent, Reuben, Henry, and John, Jr,; and 2 girls, Ann and Catherine.
So the info varies. I do have a few more sheets on the Vass family if you are interested.