Search for content in message boards

Robert Waddle b. 1842 Newburgh ny

Replies: 2

Robert Waddle b. 1842 Newburgh ny

Posted: 6 Aug 2011 1:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Waddle Wardell Waddell Bolton
For many years I've been researching "Wardells" and "Waddells". Turns out the family name should have been Waddle.

Robert Waddle, my gggrandfather was reportedly born in Newburgh, NY in 1842-43. He enlisted in the Civil War in Newburgh, 56th Infantry, for 3 years. He marries Ida Bolton in 1866-67 and spend most of their years together in Hoboken, NJ, having 14 children. Robert dies in 1907 and is buried in Flower Hill Cemetery in North Bergen, NJ. Ida subsequently applies for a Civil War widow's pension, where she states that many people called them Waddell/Wardell, but the name really was Waddle. Waddle was also the name that Robert enlisted under. Robert's Death certificate list his father as "Mose" born in Ireland and mother unknown. I'm looking for any information about Robert's parents and siblings, if any, and I have a fair amount of info on his descendants.

I did find a death certificate for a Moses Waddle b. 1849 Ireland and dies 1894 in Jersey City, NJ, not far from Hoboken. I don't know if there's any connection.

Any possible leads are greatly appreciated.

Eileen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eileenh58 6 Aug 2011 7:05PM GMT 
wahpunga 4 May 2012 2:18PM GMT 
eileenh58 5 May 2012 1:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions