Search for content in message boards

Waddell's of Waterford Ireland to Toronto Canada

Replies: 1

Re: Waddell's of Waterford Ireland to Toronto Canada

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 9:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was amazed when I Goggled the Waddell family name and came up with your post.

Your father Raymond is my uncle. His brother John is my father. He married Mary Jean Fraser and Karen, her firstborn, is my sister. As well there was Patricia and Maureen.

The last time I saw your father was at a pre-wedding family gathering for Maureen at my Aunt Joan's place on Eglinton Avenue in Toronto. I remember him telling me not to be too hard on my father but I also must tell you that I have little memory of my father and knowing what I know about him I have no desire to. I do remember however going over to see my grandparents on his side, Norman and Margaurite, at their home on King Street in Parkdale from time to time on my way home from school to where I lived on Tyndall Avenue in Parkdale, 94 to be exact. That building is gone now, although the house they lived in is still there. I remember in particular because she was a Jehovah's Witness and was always giving me material such as Watchtower and the like. Which interested me not at all.

The last time I remember seeing John, my father, was when I was about ten or so and living at 866 Broadview Avenue in Toronto, and I guess my mom had been asked to let him see me. I remember parts of the day but I was very quiet and really didn't talk to him much. The funny thing is I was born on Fulton Avenue, 141 to be precise, and I was by there today with my daughter telling her about some of the things I remembered -- one in particular which was not very good I'm afraid -- from the place and I earlier tonight sent her some pictures that I have from those days.

My sister Karen, now deceased, was close to him to some degree and visited him in the US when he was down there, and was with him when he died in Sunnybrook Hospital, and my mother had called me to tell me he was there and what was happening but I wasn't interested.

Anyway, if you would like to contact me direct and I can send you some pictures I have or can obtain, I'm at stuartscot@hotmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robert waddel... 23 Sep 2012 9:31AM GMT 
stuartscot 18 Mar 2013 3:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic