Search for content in message boards

Waddell's of Waterford Ireland to Toronto Canada

Replies: 1

Waddell's of Waterford Ireland to Toronto Canada

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 3:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
My Namesake "Robert waddell" b.1850Wexford?) and wife "Jane Elizabeth Lindsay" 1851 , who lived in Merchants Quay , Waterford brought their Children William Dryden, Jeanette, Clara(perhaps Cal), Helena, Norman John (my Grandfather) and sarah via the ship Lusitania from Ireland to New York in 1907 , where they shortly settled there after in Toronto Canada. (I believe Robert and jane had other children Alfred , Marion, Ernest, Cal and Eve. My Grandfather Norman John married Margaurite Pearce and resulted in my Dad Raymond Lindsay Waddell and John Desmond Waddell growing up in Parkdale Toronto, I grew up in Oakville and Toronto, although currently reside in Sydney Australia
Tried to summarize my family as best and short I can but have a couple areas I could use some help with.

My Great Grandfather Robert waddell 1850, and likewise Great Grandmother Jane Elizabeth Lindsay, I cannot find any information on Parents, brother or sisters of Robert or Jane from either Waterford or Roberts Birthplace Wexford? They had an unusally large brood of children, cannot help but feel they must of come from reasonable size families aswell, perhaps a few relations in the message board. Any information on Robert , Jane or their waterford past would be apprieated
The other querie My Fathers brother John Desmond was many years older than my father, so there wasn't a closeness later in life, I knew vaguely of a cousin Karen , but believe there were a few other, likewise quite a age difference in myself and cousins. Any info on this side of the family is also welcomed

If any of these names familiar, love to hear about it

Cheers

Robert Waddell
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robert waddel... 23 Sep 2012 9:31AM GMT 
stuartscot 18 Mar 2013 3:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions