Search for content in message boards

Hugh James Waddell, Tuscola, Illinois, killed 3 Mar 1891

Replies: 0

Hugh James Waddell, Tuscola, Illinois, killed 3 Mar 1891

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 11:10PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Waddell
While doing a preliminary Yahoo! search for this individual's death I came upon a partial (Decatur, IL Republican newspaper article dated 4 Mar. 1891) that I can no longer find. His death was reported to the newspaper by his cousin Mrs. Frank Kramer of Decatur, IL. Apparently two men shot Hugh on the highway near Pesotum, Illinois, and left him on the road. He was 28 years old and the son of Samuel and Elizabeth (Ralston)Waddell. I've looked at ALL of the Decatur newspapers at Ancestry.com and haven't come up with the article; even the two Decatur Republican issues on 4 Mar 1891. In part the item states: "Mrs. Frank Kramer received word from Tuscola yesterday that Hugh J. Waddell was dead. He had been to Pesotum, 10 miles north...(at this point one needed to pay to read the remainder of the article), and I didn't make note of the URL. I have seen other reportings of Hugh's death in Decatur papers yet this one is a bit different.

If anyone has seen this, or is near a public library where they can do a lookup for me I would be totally grateful and interested in hearing from you. Thanks... Alice Kam

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions