Search for content in message boards

Waddle-Bishop Connection

Replies: 4

Re: Waddle-Bishop Connection

Posted: 29 May 2013 8:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
My apologies for taking so long to go through my email; I'm an old dog and email is a new trick!
Delia Jordena Bishop (1859-1934)was my great grandmother and she is buried in the Lebanon, MO cemetery. She was called "Dean" by her family. She was married first to Mills Drury Taylor (my great grandfather), then to Robert Shockley, then to John Nicewaner (I've also seen the name spelled Niswanger) who many years ago my mother said we were related to, but she couldn't remember how ... John Nicewaner's grave can be found on the "Find A Grave" website, but I don't remember if Dean's grave can be found there. As to her father, I have only found the name Jackson Bishop, but his full name could have been Thomas Jackson Bishop; her mother's name was Lavina Waddle Bidstrup Bishop. Lavina's father was Martin Waddle. Martin's parents were David Waddle & Kesiah DeHart. Yes, John Nicewaner(Niswanger) was indeed married to Christina Bidstrup, Dean's half-sister. You can find more about the Bidstrups in their very extensive family tree online (just type in Christian Bidstrup and the family tree will be in the results).
There is SO much more info on the internet now, just keep following threads and checking every site you can. The "World Connection" website is also good; it has some info that Ancestry.com doesn't have and is also missing info Ancestry.com does have ... I've found I have to look at many different sites to try and put it all together.
I wish I had more time to devote to this...will try to put it all together when I can finally retire ... but every so often I bloodhound the internet for a few hours and always seem to find something new. I keep trying to find confirmation of the Cherokee connection in the family; we were always told one of our ggg+ grandmothers was a Cherokee medicine woman and was a "beloved woman", but I have yet to find the link or the confirmation. My grandmother, Missouri Ellen Taylor (Dean's daughter), was part Cherokee and told her kids that had been called derogatory names because she was part indian from her mother's side (Dean's side) of the family. I would be proud to finally find our ggg+ grandmother on the Cherokee rolls if only to finally put to rest the controversy within the family about it ... so I keep looking for that also.
Sorry for the lengthy reply; hope it helps! Let me know if you find anything further. Felicia
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Yvonne 16 Aug 2000 6:33PM GMT 
manleysackett 20 May 2005 12:06AM GMT 
fbthiel 14 Aug 2011 7:11AM GMT 
middletp 20 Jan 2013 11:39PM GMT 
felicialent 30 May 2013 2:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions