Search for content in message boards

cherokee and creek walkers , Gov Hamilton and Shoeboots

Replies: 0

cherokee and creek walkers , Gov Hamilton and Shoeboots

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 7:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walkers , Hamilton , Shoeboots/ BOOTS/ Chulioa/ Tuskingo etc, Owl or Occuna??? and or Turtle???
cherokee Walkers, Hamilton, Shoeboots,
naeBoots
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walkers , Hamilton , Shoeboots/ BOOTS/ Chulioa/ Tuskingo etc, Owl or Occuna??? and or Turtle???
HI Garland are you around ? and other cherokee walkers HI! I resently remembered exactly who Shoeboots first wife's father was Gov. Henry Hamilton / 'hair' Hamilton. and the really good news is that drew pictures of Shoeboots and maybe John Glass and well another relative of Shoeboots who had a hair lip. anyway Hair Hamilton is how I knew his name. it took me forever to find that name and put it together with the guy who gave Shoeboots and Dragging canoe their red boots. anyway Gov hair Hamilton had a daughter with an indian woman I think and her name was mary polly / polly parrot is what they called her. if you google Gov Henry Hamilton Gov of Detroit and " the North west Territory"( I think or some territory) . you can find info about him and some info and proof of the connections I tied together .. but after I remembered who ' Hair' was ... white folks/documentation says Hair only has one recorded marriage out in Santa Domingo when he was old and a governor there. He was married to a very young lady when he is like 70 years old to be his first time up to bat don't they think? .. I can guarantee there aren't any white records for his indian 'marriage' but anyway you can hunt Boggs info about turtle at homes daughter who married a John Boggs and how her mother's father was a famous Governor and how his son is very well known in KY ( which KY was huge back then ) .... well it was Gov Henry 'Hair' Hamilton and through shoeboots connections he provided guns and money to the cherokee and other British friendly tribes. . it took me awhile to remember that , because I only remembered something about him that was weird about someone's hair.. I was 7 or 8 , yep his hair? ;P I guess my head didn't understand "taking hair"or ther other terms like that when I was young !!! ..but I did remember it thank the Lord. I don't know which John Walker is related either by marriage or was in the line of Hair Hamilton Shoeboots son and all are part of the trading networking going all the way down into the gulf and into Florida even out into the Caribbean .. but I do know some Walkers someplace are most definitely related to Shoeboots AKA turtle at home and before that name and those deeds existed he was White Owls son and maybe some other birds . plus a hand full of other names in other tribes ! When you find the governors drawings, someone decided Shoeboots was a white guy . well they think it is a white guy but you can find him because he is dressed exactly like Oconostota who is his granddad and how his granddad dressed in his portrait , you know that red coat cherokee way . anyway he looks like a big paint clan guy! . but Shoeboots picture isn't finished and the three unnamed portraits I'm talking about aren't named because they were Hamilton's family, well his inlaws and inlaws best friends ( Glass)or sons and sons in laws or brothers or brother in laws .. or nephews but they are his family someplace . I will be years trying to figure it out for sure who is drawn or who might be named that is also connected too .. so if your Walker is the line I am looking for , or if my Mason or my william and or my Woodson is or not I don't know.. but I want to make sure who ever it is who is family gets their family info or at least as much of it as I can remember . either way I figure some creek and some cherokee will still want to see a picture drawing of Shoeboots /turtle at home/ Tuskiingo. and know that aMary Polly Hamilton was Shoeboots first wife. ...( if she was indian she may not have used the name Hamilton though maybe ? I don't remember !!! what her last name used was/ or one that was used .or if she even used one, or it was more complicated than a last name and my little kid brain didn't go like that.. because the raven who married mary who was a Barnard's widow is still a very good possibility for someone in Shoeboots family someplace.. I don't remember if that story is connected to Shoeboots or not..... anyway polly parrot was Shoeboots first wife or daughter or both and I think she had Creek blood and maybe some other northern tribe too but were connected to the creek at least later .. anyway Attacullaculla died with the creek in the time frame that Shoeboots is having his first family so I think she had creek connections. so if you have any questions, I doubt I can help unless my great grandma told me something about it ! all I can say is I can give it a try !

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions