Search for content in message boards

JOHN WARD 1790 SOUTH CAROLINA

Replies: 15

Re: JOHN WARD 1790 SOUTH CAROLINA

Posted: 21 May 2002 9:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ward
I'm sending you a copy of information that I got from spartanburg s.c. My father said that his family came from the greenville, spartanburg area then went to hawkins and green co. tn...some went to ga..he also had in his notes that we were related to nancy ward that married bryant, but I haven't proved any of this...his gggrandfather was levi ward...married susannah ? ...I found a levi in spartanburg listed in the 1850 census in ancestry, but when I went into the image he was not on the page that it said...I sent them an e mail to find out what the info could have been, cause this could be my levi's father...He is listed in hawkins co. 1850 with susannah and 2 sons, ephriam and william..(william is my great grandfather) so here's what I copied from migration in spartanburg..
There were a few families that came directly from Europe to Spartanburg Co. and settled in the Tyger River area. Francis and Edmond Ward, younger sons of Sir
Francis Ward of Ireland, came directly to this area. Francis married Tame Doe who was the sister of Chief Oconostota. After he was banished from the
Cherokee Nation, he married another Ward, assumedly the widow of his brother, Edmund. Nancy Ward, the daughter of Francis and Tame Doe married Lt.
Bryant Ward, nephew of Francis Ward. Nancy and Francis both owned property along the Tyger River in Spartanburg County. Samuel Cathcart (var.
Kithcart), Alexander and Annie McRoro Alexander, Isaac Crow were other Irish settlers on the Tyger River.
I'm leaning toward this info as my father and grandfather said that there was indian, irish and black dutch in the family line...black dutch supposedly being german.. I've not been able to do much on the line as my 89 yr old mother has been very ill and is living with me at this time and can't be left alone so my time is nile...so please keep in touch and if I find out any more I'll be glad to share...connie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gigitanksley 24 Jul 2001 4:56PM GMT 
scottskid 26 Jul 2001 4:26PM GMT 
JHWARDNY 30 Jul 2001 11:29PM GMT 
cfry2381 21 Oct 2001 12:31AM GMT 
gigitanksley1 21 Oct 2001 7:59AM GMT 
BevKendall 21 Oct 2001 12:42PM GMT 
sbmoore_1 21 May 2002 6:06PM GMT 
sbmoore_1 21 May 2002 6:21PM GMT 
confry1 22 May 2002 3:03AM GMT 
SueBM 23 May 2002 4:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions