Search for content in message boards

Fred Wardell

Replies: 1

Fred Wardell

Don Gordon (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2001 12:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
That's very interesting, Jullie!

"My" Fred Wardell is related -- cousin or something -- to my Grandmother, Alice Gordon. He owned property in Detroit in the 1930s - '40s, including a large hotel and other buildings. He was also the owner of the Eureka Vacuum Cleaner Company, which at that time was headquartered in Detroit, and for which my father was the Credit Manager for a while.

"My" Fred lived in the Palmer Park area of the city in a very large house on beautifully landscaped grounds. When he died, he left the house to the Episcopal Diocese, and for many years it was the Bishop's Residence. He may have had more than one marriage -- I don't know that for a fact -- but the only wife I am familar with was named Nellie, and she played the organ.

In other words, this guy was really rich!! Now, was he connected to "your" Fred? Who knows?

If you can make any kind of a connection, however, let me know. (I believe there are other Fred Wardells in Canada. I never knew that was such a popular name!!!)

Peace!

Don
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Don Gordon 1 Oct 2001 6:01PM GMT 
Osbornlj 16 Aug 2012 10:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions