Search for content in message boards

John G. Watts of Fauquier Co., VA

Replies: 1

John G. Watts of Fauquier Co., VA

Lara Watts (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2002 10:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Watts, Creel
I’m pretty new to genealogy research. I know this is a long message, so thanks for bearing with me. I’m looking for any information about the parents and grandparents, etc. of John G. Watts, of Fauquier County and/or Culpepper County, VA. John G. Watts (1788-1854) married Sarah Creel on April 12, 1815 in Fauquier County, VA. John and Sarah had the following children:
1. Mary Watts married William E. Smith in January 1846.
2. John G. Watts, Jr. married Marjery Creel on October 12, 1846.
3. Payton N. Watts married Rachael Creel on August 23, 1847.
4. Margaret Anne Watts married William Lee in 1847.
5. William H Watts (1823-1890) married Hanna Marie Creel on February 3, 1848.

John G. Watts, Jr. and Payton N. Watts moved to Kansas, probably in 1854. William H. (Henry) Watts worked in Harrison County, WV near Salem, WV and probably moved his family to Salem in about 1874. He died in Lawrence, Kansas in 1890. His wife, Hannah, died in 1893 in Dodridge Co., WV and is buried at Salem, Harrison Co., WV.

John G. Watts was my great (4) grandfather and William H. Watts was my great (3) grandfather. My relatives and I cannot find John G’s parents. We know that the information I provided above is correct, but we can’t find much else. My dad’s cousin went to the Fauquier Co. courthouse to obtain some of the information.

I’ve found some information on a couple of John’s children on the Internet, but not anything on William H. I guess the reason is that my Watts branch would be the ones to add this information to the Internet. I’ve also found lots of contradicting information regarding Watts who may be John’s parents and siblings, but that’s about it. I’m also dealing with pretty common names for this time period, which doesn’t help. Thanks in advance for any information or advice in searching.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lara Watts 2 Jun 2002 4:32AM GMT 
olclarke 18 Jun 2008 2:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions