Search for content in message boards

DEAL ISLAND MARYLAND WEBSTERS

Replies: 12

Re: DEAL ISLAND MARYLAND WEBSTERS

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 7:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jan 2007 11:57AM GMT
Surnames: Shores, White, Webster, Shreeves, Haywood, Price, Hickman, Tyler, Tarleton, Parks, Hughes
Yes, Alma J. Shores was my grandmother, born 1905 around Chance, Deal, Dames Quarter area. In a 1900 census, before she was born, there were a Howard and a Orville listed under My Great Grandparents name, so I am assuming these are my great Uncles.

No, I dont have anything Prior to Leah White b 1785 married in 1808. I do have John Webster's father as John Webster died in 1832.

I reread my initial post, and found an error.

Joseph T. Tarleton sr was married twice. First to Leah Priscilla Webster and their kids were Sarah my G.Grandmother, Joseph, and Pinkney Tarleton. Then he married an Esther or Hester Shreeves, I believe, and had the rest of the children I had listed.

Joseph T. Tarleton was the son of Basil Tarleton and Sarah Haywood of St. Mary's.

Any way, I have been really struggling finding my Grandmothers family (Shores). I do know that their are a lot of Shores related to me, through my Great Uncle Philip Jerome Price and Cassandra Hickman and their daughter Lulu Clementine Price who married Robert Shores. (My mother used to call Philip Jerome Price, Uncle Rome)

I am also related to the Shores through William J. Shores and Maggie Tyler (who was my Great Great Great Aunts Children... Maggie was the daughter of Leah Jane Price who was the daughter of William Price and Margaret Hughes this william Price was the father of Phillip Covington Price who was the father of the above Phillip Jerome Price, and my G.Grandfather Augustus James William Price, or Captn Gus.) Philip Gerome Price was the brother of my Great Grandfather Augustus James William Price who married Sarah Tarleton.

This is where a lot of people thought was my Grandmother's family. This Maggie Tyler and William Shores had a son John S. Shores, but this John S. Shores cant be my G-Grandfather, because he was born in 1895 my G-grandfather according to the census was born in 1860.

The following is the 1900 Census. This John S. Shores Married Lillian F. Parks.

75 13 15 Shores John S. head w m Aug 1860 39 m 5 md md md oysterman 5 yyy ofh
76 13 15 Shores Lillian F. wife w f March 1870 30 m 5 2 2 md md md yyy
77 13 15 Shores Howard son w m June 1895 4 s md md md
78 13 15 Shores Orville son w m Jan 1897 2 s md md md

These two Shores are my Great Grandparents, and I am assuming the two children listed with them are my Great Uncles. My grandmother was born in 1905 to John S. Shores and Lillian Florence Parks. The only other information I have about this Shores or Parks family, was my mother told me that she believed that her grandfather John was married more than once. (So, the two children listed could have been from another mother), but I dont know.

Well, Im sorry I dont have anything past Leah White. If you find anything prior to her, I would appreciate it, if you would let me know.

Joni
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joni Anderson-Manuel 11 Nov 2002 4:57PM GMT 
saved1_1 27 Nov 2004 10:36PM GMT 
Joni 7 Jun 2005 2:45AM GMT 
saved1_1 8 Jan 2007 3:08AM GMT 
Joni_Unknown 8 Jan 2007 2:10PM GMT 
svikaros 22 Jun 2007 12:03AM GMT 
reneewebster5... 6 Mar 2010 5:04AM GMT 
bsmit0741 23 Jul 2012 12:06PM GMT 
SiusaidhH 15 Aug 2010 3:18AM GMT 
Bill Kelley 3 Jan 2013 10:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions