Search for content in message boards

DAVID WELLS, bef 1765 .. PA? VA, KY, IN

Replies: 1

DAVID WELLS, bef 1765 .. PA? VA, KY, IN

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 4:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wells, Almon, Cox, Roberts, Finnell, Adams, Power
Can anyone help me prove or disprove that the David Wells I am researching is the child of William Wells and Rebecca Oliver.
My David Wells is shown by census data to be born 1765 or before. He travelled with others from Pennsylvania (probably) through Virginia, Kentucky, and into southern Indiana, where he arrived in Knox/Gibson/Posey Co area by 1807, probably leaving his family behind until the area was made safe for settlement around 1816 or so. (That is the pattern of the other settlers in the area).
Like the David Wells who is the son of William and Rebecca, his wife's name was Mary. Like some of their children, he lived for a while in Nelson Co, KY. I have not seen a family lineage that lists more than four children for him; my David Wells may have had up to 12 (I cannot account for all of them).
He is probably related in some manner to the Thomas, Abraham Sr and Jr, and Jesse Wells who were living near to him in Nelson Co KY in the early 1800s. The names David, William, James, John, and Thomas recur in the family for many generations. I cannot yet "prove" the names of his daughters, but some of the possibilities are Martha, Nancy, Mary, Sarah, Elizabeth, and Ruth.
Does anyone out there have any information that can prove or disprove my belief that this David is the son of William and Rebecca?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Maggi58 4 Oct 2001 10:37PM GMT 
OrinRWells 5 Oct 2001 3:08AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions