Search for content in message boards

Idah L. Wentworth-Rock Elm Wisconsin or Jackson County Iowa

Replies: 6

Re: Idah L. Wentworth-Rock Elm Wisconsin or Jackson County Iowa

Posted: 30 Oct 2002 7:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi: This Henry Rodewald was listed as a member of Frederick Edward Rodewald's family, living in Van Buren, Iowa in 1859. Fredericks wife Sophie had died two years prior to this. Henry moved to Rock Elm, Wisconsin with his father in 1871 or about that time. I next found him living with his Cousin Frederick Henry Rodewald in Preston, Iowa. Preston is in Jackson County. Frederick Henry was born in 1845 in Germany. He was one of three boys born to Frederick Edward Rodewald and Sophie Heide. The second son was William David, born in 1847, also in Germany. The other son Charles Henry was born in St Louis, Missouri in 1852. Charles was my grandfather. This information comes primarily the US Census but I have used the WORO link found for Rodewald's in Roots. I have traced most of the Frederick Edward Rodewald family through the US Census through the 1930 Census. Some I have lost, particularily the girls but I have found some of those as well. I have not been able to do as well with the childred of my grandfathers brothers and sister. Let me know if this helps. My father, Gordon Edwin Rodewald, left Wisconsin after two years of college for a job in North Dakota. He subsequently moved to Eastern Montana (Brockton) where he settled, married. His Brother Charles Henry also moved to North Dakota, where he taught school, ending up in Tioga.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jeremy 21 May 2002 3:44AM GMT 
vdracy1 5 Sep 2002 9:11PM GMT 
gerjr 31 Oct 2002 2:51AM GMT 
JeremyRodewal... 1 Nov 2002 3:17PM GMT 
rodewald145 17 Aug 2004 2:47AM GMT 
Donald W. Albertson 18 Dec 2003 3:25PM GMT 
jomeyer3 19 Aug 2011 6:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic