My ancestors Anton and Agnes Cinader were in the Detroit area by 1860 as I find them in the census in Detroit.
Anton Zinader married Agnes Cusna 2/7/1855 in Detroit, according to early Michigan Marriages.
They were both born in Bohemia and immigrated to the US in 1854. Anton was born in 1818; Agnes in 1829. Anton died in 1902; Agnes in 1903, in Detroit. His occupation was listed as tailor in 1860 and 1870; by 1880 they were living in Greenfield Township, Wayne, Michigan, farming. Prior to their deaths, they lived on Sydney Ave. in Detroit; they can be found in the Detroit city directories. They are buried in Woodmere Cemetery in Detroit. I have pictures of their headstones.
Am looking for any of their descendents; have info and would like to share.
1. Martin Cinader b 1848 in Bohemia found in 1910 Los Angelas Census as Mortin Cinider; railroad engineer; ? married to Mary Helebrant in 1900 in Chicago, had two children, Alice and Arthur. ?Mary remarried Charles Vaught about 1905 and is found in the Chicago census with him and her two Children.
2. Catherine b 1855 in Bohemia (Kate): was listed as a tayloress in 1870 census. I cannot find her after the 1870 census: ?married, or deceased?
3. John Snyder b 1861 in Michigan. changed name to Snyder at some point (my g grandf)married Julia Crookedacre (Krummenacker, daughter of Nicholas and Barbara (Hoper, Hopper) Krummenacker, also living and farming in Greenfield Twp in 1870 to 1880). Nicholas was born in Alsace in 1847. Barbara born in Michigan. Also Anton and Agnes are found in the 1870 Detroit census as Antony Schneider, John married Julia Kronemaker (Cromonocker, Krummenacker) about 1891 in Detroit; children were Elsie, Lillian, Walter, John, Mamie, Melvin.
4. Mary b 1860 in Michigan m Alexander Ptolemy of Wentworth Ontario, Canada, children were Clara, George and Hugh)
5. Rosa or Ellen "Nellie" in the Chicago censuses: b 1863 in Detroit, m John Waldie (lived in Chicago) who had these children: George, Charles, Arthur, Mable (Wolfe) and Esther (Economos); John and sons were Chicago city firefighters.
It appears the only descendent was from Charles, son Milton Waldie b. about 1912.
6. Agnes b 1870 in Michigan ? unable to find later
7. Mitchell (Michael) b 1857 in Detroit married Elizabeth Bellaby: Laura m William Diesing, Charlotte m. George Breitmeyer, Agnes m. Rudolph Nemecek, Grace m. Clarence Breitmeyer, Milo m Kathlene (?), William m Arlene Wentworth.
8. Charles b in Detroit married Amelia Hartwig; I have his descendents also.
I visited Woodmere Cemetery in Detroit last summer to find the graves of Anton and Agnes Cinader - husband and wife who I was surprised to find were not buried side by side but within this larger area; I was informed that the graves in this area had been owed by the Slovenska Lipa Society - from what I have been able to learn it was a society formed to preserve the immigrants way of life. The Cinadr's or Cinaders immigrated to Michigan around 1854, during the first wave of Bohemians and it appears a number of families were farming in Greenfield township during the 1860 -1880's. Can anyone provide more information about this society and if it still is present today?
Am looking for any descendents for are researching these lines or any descendents of early Bohemians to Detroit/Wayne county area who might be familiar with the Slovenska Lipa Society or its modern counterpart.