Search for content in message boards

Thos WHARTON b1856, Woodchurch; s/o John & Ellen nee MADDOCKS

Replies: 0

Thos WHARTON b1856, Woodchurch; s/o John & Ellen nee MADDOCKS

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 4:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WHARTON, MADDOCKS, ANDERSON, BROWN
Between 1886 and 1892 my gr-grandmother's sister Ann ANDERSON had at least three children in Birkenhead, CHS to Thomas WHARTON, son of John WHARTON and Ellen nee MADDOCKS, christened 17 Feb 1856 at Woodchurch, CHS.

At the 1881 census he was an iron ship builder living at home with his parents; his father had the same occupation. By 1891 Thomas has become an engine fitter and is a 'Visitor' in the house of Ann, a dairy keeper and her 3 daughters and 2 lodgers. Ann had married John BROWN a mariner on 26 Aug 1867 at St Nicholas Church, Liverpool.

Ten years further on, in 1901, Ann and her 2 youngest daughters have become Whartons and they're joined by a 9 year old son. Thomas is a shipbuilder and is now Head of the Household. Ann's 21 year old nephew lodges with them, as does a 25 year old married male 'Visitor'.

So far I've been unable to find a marriage for Ann and Thomas, or the death of John BROWN.

I'd very much appreciate some help with these people. I've been tracing my CHS genealogy for well over 20 years and have a lot of family details that I'm happy to exchange with other researchers.

Norma … motherbear@xtra.co.nz

Find a board about a specific topic