Search for content in message boards

Willey: NC TN IL - John F, B:Abt 1805 - Father = William?

Replies: 21

Re: Willey: NC TN IL - John F, B:Abt 1805 - Father = William?

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was wondering if John F. is one in the same as Fred. I do not know but don't want to be the fly in the ointment either. Will have to dig out all my printed material and read up on that......where in Kansas were your folks. My great grandparents were in Kansas also. William Green Willey was in McCune Co. Kansas. It is in the south east corner of Kansas. I have written to the historical society and they have no record of them there but I have a card from WGW that he was in the Grand Old Party because he was in the Civil War. The post was in McCune, Kansas. He eventually moved to Portland, Or. and then onto White Salmon, Washington. Where he died but was buried in Portland, Or. Along side my ggrandmother Caroline Plant Willey and his son George Lewis Willey. I have never known who Wilson Willis Willey's parents were or anyone further back. Would love to know. I have gone to the family tree on rootsweb and wondered which one was the truth. And the one that was most researched. Do you have any clues??? I will start digging on Monday. I work at the Webster Co. Museum tomorrow and every Friday afternoon, here in Missouri. I will be out of town over the weekend. I live out side of Marshfield about 17 miles northeast of there. I was born and raised in Portland, Or. married a military man and have lived all over the place. Have a grandson who was raised in Crested Butte and Gunnison Co. Are you anyplace there???? Have a foster girl in Colorado Springs too. Well she is in her late 40's now but still a girl to me. I have loads of fosters in their late 40's that now live all over the states. It is fun trying to keep up with them. Anyway I will start digging...there goes my clean desk I was making a good start on a clean dest for the New Year but now I will have piles all over the place, hehehe. Love this stuff....I hope I can help you a little bit.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LindaMWilley 13 Oct 2012 2:39AM GMT 
jlong00 13 Oct 2012 2:06PM GMT 
slingrj2 31 Dec 2012 4:20AM GMT 
jlong00 1 Jan 2013 10:16PM GMT 
denwil63 2 Jan 2013 1:47AM GMT 
slingrj2 10 Jan 2013 11:01PM GMT 
jlong00 12 Jan 2013 3:20PM GMT 
slingrj2 10 Jan 2013 10:58PM GMT 
jlong00 11 Jan 2013 8:35PM GMT 
jlong00 12 Jan 2013 3:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions