Search for content in message boards

lavenia Willey

Replies: 3

Re: lavenia Willey

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 9:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you Carol. That is very interesting. I am writing a biography of John Henry Stover Funk, and have been baffled by the Willey family for some time. Funk took a job as a doctor in Marion County in the spring of 1860 after graduating from the Winchester Medical College. There he met William J. Willey and fell in love with his daughter, who he called "Venie". I have about 40 letters from and to Funk while he was in marion County to back this up. William j. and Venie, however just seemed to vanish after that though. BTW, Funk rose from captain of his militia company to the rank of colonel, and died here in Winchester commanding the Stonewall Brigade in the Third Battle of Winchester in Sept 1864. My name is Jerry Holsworth and I live in Winchester. If you're on facebook look me up and become my friend that. I've written two books on Winchester during the war and both include Funk. I'd also like to get the primary sources you used for that information for my book. Also look up my name on Amazon and you'll see the books that I have written.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jerryh670 13 Sep 2012 8:15PM GMT 
Jones1025 14 Sep 2012 1:42AM GMT 
jerryh670 14 Sep 2012 3:04AM GMT 
jerryh670 14 Sep 2012 12:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions