Search for content in message boards

Willey family in Brookfield NH

Replies: 23

Re: Fanny Willey born Exeter, NH abt 1813 m) Joseph Tilton 1834

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 2:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tuscan, Toscan, Willey, Spofford, ....
Hello, I don't even know where to start. My furthest back ancestor was John A. Tuscan b. 1787(approx)either in NH, ME. or Mass. We have been searching for years to find out who his parents were. He arrived first on Censuses in Athens, Me. in 1810 and m. Nancy Merrow. We know nothing of her parents either. Can't find death or birth records of either. We know basic things of John. They moved to Bingham, Maine in 1812. They lived their raising their family until John died 1862 and Nancy in 1864, They were both buried in Bingham at Gilman Cemetery. They were associated with the WILLEYS! Turner Willey and John worked at tending the school in Bingham, Maine and were mentioned being in assoc. in Town meeting records, some meetings at John's house. Turner Willey was in Brookfield NH, his wife Esther Drew, and family lived in Bingham. Esther had a son Jonathan Willey, and was not Turner's son evidently. Anyway, in 1828 he , Jonathan changed his name to David Gilman and his wife, Fanny(Spofford)changed her name from Willey also to Gilman along with their whole family!! WHY? Anyway, they are also buried at Gilman cemetery with our Tuscan family. There is alot of puzzling things here. Our John A. Tuscan, some of us in our family believe Jean Joseph Toscan , Vice Consul from France to NH, was our John's father!! Perhaps out of wedlock. Anyway, Jean Toscan also lived for a time in Brookfield .. where the Willeys lived.. and now both of them, our John Tuscan, and Turner Willey and family also show up in the same place years later!! I believe there is a family connection. Do the Willey's know of any out of wedlock births? There are so many questions. The final kicker here is... my grandfather .. his given name was WILLEY!! Willy Ray TUSCAN! Do you know if we are connected and if so, how? Do you or anyone know if we are def. connected to Jean Toscan? Any information would be so appreciated. Thank you for your time. Sal
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bill Brown 11 Oct 2009 6:35AM GMT 
ccarro11 11 Oct 2009 6:07PM GMT 
SalTuscanFost... 1 Aug 2012 8:11PM GMT 
SalTuscanFost... 21 Nov 2012 8:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic