Search for content in message boards

Willey family in Brookfield NH

Replies: 23

Re: Willey family in Brookfield NH

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 1:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tuscan/Toscan/Willey
Hello. I am writing to inquire of you , if your Willey family/line are connected to any Tuscans or Toscans in NH or Maine? My name is Sally TUSCAN Foster from Solon, Maine. I have been researching my maiden name TUSCAN for many years to find out who the parents are of our John A. Tuscan b. 1787. He was first noted in Athens Me. on the 1810 census, and married Nancy Merrow that same year. They then moved to Bingham, Me. While in Bingham, Our John, was named along a man Turner Willey and John and Turner Superintended the school near them. They were mentioned together in town meetings of Bingham, Me. Now! Along with this, I know Turner and others lived in Brookfield NH. Another man lived in Brookfield NH at that same time named JOHN TOSCAN. He had been the Vice Consul from France to NH. Mr. Toscan travelled extensively and seemed to move alot. He married Eliz. French Parrott in or abt. 1790. So, Toscan lived and most likely knew Turner Willey in Brookfield and then Turner Willey moved to Bingham , Me and lived in the same town as out John Tuscan. So I and others in my family for various reasons wonder if our John may have been a son to Jean (John) Toscan , maybe out of wedlock and came to Bingham area with the Willeys to follow. A side note. My grandfather , my father's dad, was named WILLEY TUSCAN! So, those two names are put together. I feel there is some connection. Also the Spoffords and Gilmans all were in the same area. Our John is buried at Gilman Cemetery in Bingham, Me with his wife Nancy and there the Gilmans(Jonathan Willey aka David Gilman is buried there with his wife Fanny Gilman (aka Fanny Spofford) daughter of Hannah (Emerson) Spofford Hilton! There is alot that is not understood about all of these connections. If you have any information please do not hesitate to contact me at: saltuscanfoster@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bill Brown 11 Oct 2009 6:35AM GMT 
ccarro11 11 Oct 2009 6:07PM GMT 
SalTuscanFost... 1 Aug 2012 8:11PM GMT 
SalTuscanFost... 21 Nov 2012 8:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions