I am curious if there is a connection between the Levi Willey/Louisa Vohn Family in Noble County Ohio and the Nathaniel Willey/Polly Tolbert Family. Nathaniel's sons Hezekiah and Wesley were born in NY, and I have seen Rensselaer b. abt 1792 NY m. Athelia Weathers Dearborn, IN listed as a son.
Levi Willey was born about 1794 in NY, shows up in Ohio about 1820
probable children of Levi WIlley and Louisa Vohn are:
1) Eli b. abt 1823 Washington, OH m. Elizabeth Wharf 5 Dec 1845 Ohio moved to New London, Henry, IA early 1850's died of illness during Civil War at Camp Sherman, MS
2) Alanson L. b. 4 Jan 1824 Washington, OH m. Ruth Ann Bolar 18 Jan 1846 Ohio moved to New London, Henry, IA early 1850's
3) Ranslor?sp b Mar 1828 Indiana m. abt 1861 Rachael Ann Tucker Ohio - believe he moved to IA early 1850's but moved back to OH before 1860
4) Louisa b. abt 1830 IN
5) Lorin W. b 16 Apr 1832 Washington, Ohio m. 4 Apr 1861 Emily Craig Ohio, d 1913 Summerfield OH
6) Levi b 1835 OH, m. Barbara December, d 1900 Summerfield, OH
The NY birth and moving to IN(don't know where) sometime between 1828-1832, around the time Ransselaer got married was interesting. Hezekiah and Wesley do not live far from Eli and Alanson in Iowa and moved to Iowa around the same time. Ranslor/Rensselaer possible family name connection.
I believe Levi, and probably sons Eli, Alanson, Ranslor, and Lorin were all listed at some point as being coopers by trade.
I have seen that Nathaniel and Polly had several children, but not many have been named. Do you have any census information on Nathaniel that lists the ages of the children? Also possible that Nathaniel could be an uncle, not sure if he had other siblings in IN?
Any information would be appreciated.