Search for content in message boards

Wilson, many people with the surname with vastly used first names.

Replies: 2

Wilson, many people with the surname with vastly used first names.

Posted: 7 Jul 2012 1:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jul 2012 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: WILSON
I have found much information on my Great Grandpa Ransler. Still never found his birth certificate after many tries in California possibilities. I decided to give that a rest since my last attempt.

In the mean time in my goal to see if we are Irish, Scottish or English Wilson's I have moved on to his father John Wilson whom is listed in 1880 with my great grandmother.

I believe I found his father and mother in 1860 as they both were listed as born in New York and he is listed as born in Illinois which is right on the money there.

1860 listed his father as James Wilson and his Mother Mary Wilson

So.... I have tried looking for him and his parents aside from 1860 and it seems to be almost impossible.

Seems like Wilson's were commonly John, William, James and Mary. I have been through many many people with these names and no leads to both parents from New York. So I took a chance and thought it possibly meant they were writing New York but were actually fresh off the boat and John is a second generation american. Though that idea did not pan out.

Any other Wilson's out there beating their head against the wall for years trying to search through the commonly used names with no result?

If you did and you got passed this problem do you have any suggestions?

Thank You
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SVStrong1950 7 Jul 2012 7:41AM GMT 
Dawn Bininger 7 Jul 2012 11:36AM GMT 
SVStrong1950 8 Jul 2012 5:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions