Search for content in message boards

Making a case against the Furnifold Wood DNA results.

Replies: 11

Re: Making a case against the Furnifold Wood DNA results.

Posted: 16 Aug 2010 1:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wood, George, Price,
Lisa,
I am a descendant of a Wood family, i. e. Rev. Richard Wood, b. 1756 in Mecklenburg, VA, married to Mary Price and they both lived in North Carolina before migrating to East TN, specifically Sevier and Jefferson, and Greene Counties. My gggggrandfather was a son, James Wood, his son, Wm. T. Wood who married a Mary George, their son, Silas M. Wood who died in Gilmore Hospital in Forsythe, GA during Civil War. Silas' son was my grandfather, Henry Davis Wood whose mother was Tennessee Blair. The family is a large one as James Wood married several times and had many children. Descendants are in TN, TX, MO, IN, MO and Ark I believe. Wood you be related to any of these Wood family members. I do have other data on the family and will be happy to share. I believe that some of the family came from PA and migrated into VA, and the Carolinas. Rev. Richard Wood and his son, James, owned an island in the French Broad River before the TVA covered it with a dam built around 1941. Do you have a family history site online that you might share data from? I would appreciate any data on your family and will be happy to reciprocate. You may contact me here or at zenogo1@yahoo.com. Thanks. Zenna Smith
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
thephilwood 17 Jul 2008 3:58PM GMT 
Gilda74 29 Jan 2010 3:12PM GMT 
LisaQuigleyMo... 9 Aug 2010 2:39PM GMT 
thephilwood 12 Aug 2010 7:40PM GMT 
Eldarwood 15 Aug 2010 9:11PM GMT 
thephilwood 12 Aug 2010 10:50PM GMT 
LisaQuigleyMo... 14 Aug 2010 4:27PM GMT 
Zenna_S 16 Aug 2010 7:23PM GMT 
LisaQuigleyMo... 10 Dec 2011 1:01AM GMT 
LisaQuigleyMo... 1 Feb 2013 7:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions