Search for content in message boards

Making a case against the Furnifold Wood DNA results.

Replies: 11

Re: Making a case against the Furnifold Wood DNA results.

Posted: 14 Aug 2010 10:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Phil,
It is also great for me to finally connect to more family. I have some sorta bad news. When my mom's dad died in 1998 he had estranged himself from us. I don't know why or what happened but it hurt my mom deeply. Her dad was a strange guy & I only saw him a few times in my life. He left his land or what was left of it to her cousin & that was another little jab or twist of the knife. lol I have met my cousins there before but have not seen or spoken to any of them since 1978. This has left a bad taste in the mouths of my brothers & myself. It wasn't the fact he gave the land away it was finding out that his long time attorney didn't even know my mom existed hurt the most. It was very strange. He & my grandmother were married in the mid to late 1930's & mom was born in 39. Grand mom accused him of running around & they separated so were that way until mom was about 12. I think maybe 11 years before the divorce. She saw him over the years but she evidently did something that he did not approve of & the unconditional love thing didn't apply I guess. lol Sorry lol I resemble that word "bablative" lol My mom & dad live in Katy(Houston),Texas if you want you can email her. I sent her a copy of the thread so she would know who you were. Her name is Janice & her email is janicequigley@yahoo.com She may be able to give you more info on the older folks & who it is that may have the papers your seeking. I do know that the other side (Pritchards) have been researched but I don't know if that person would have the wood info or not. I have in my tree the names of quite a few of my cousins but I don't know anything personal about them. I am living in Grove & work in Tulsa so I am not all that far from Texarkana & hope to make a trip down that way. I am researching slowly my mom & dads family so I am a little slow. lol One thing I have noticed & find very interesting is that there are names that correspond to my dads family in North Carolina. Of course there were people with the same names all over but I find it interesting that the name Furnifold turns up in dads family & it appears some of his kin went on down to Georgia & Alabama. He is related to the Lee, Gainey, Denning's,Westbrook families & many more from North Carolina. We even have a direct ancestor named Westbrook Lee. lol Can't get much more related to those than that. lol Actually I saw The Green & Wood families on a census with Westbrook Lee. I need to do a little better research to make sure everything lines up there. lol Dad was born & raised in Dunn, NC so some of them didn't leave. Anyway I am trying to decide who & how to approach the Wood people in Cass co for info. Aunt Dorthy if she is still alive is getting pretty old. I need to check but I am going to bet she isn't. So her sons are near my moms age I believe & mom is 71. Anyway mail mom & let me know if there is anything I can do. I wish we could figure out the Aaron connection. Mom's other side of the family is very confusing too. They also migrated the same rt & there were people of the same exact names & drives me crazy. lol I think I found something but then I found another surname thread & it appears I may be on a wrong path there. (Tippett's) lol When I saw her great grand father was named Andrew Jackson Tippett I thought "wow what luck" lol. Boy was I wrong. lol Not only is Tippett very common even at that time in the southeast at that time the name Andrew Jackson was too. Okay I better go or i will sit here all day.
Lisa
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
thephilwood 17 Jul 2008 3:58PM GMT 
Gilda74 29 Jan 2010 3:12PM GMT 
LisaQuigleyMo... 9 Aug 2010 2:39PM GMT 
thephilwood 12 Aug 2010 7:40PM GMT 
Eldarwood 15 Aug 2010 9:11PM GMT 
thephilwood 12 Aug 2010 10:50PM GMT 
LisaQuigleyMo... 14 Aug 2010 4:27PM GMT 
Zenna_S 16 Aug 2010 7:23PM GMT 
LisaQuigleyMo... 10 Dec 2011 1:01AM GMT 
LisaQuigleyMo... 1 Feb 2013 7:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions