(1)Col (Brevet Brigadier Gen) John Condit-Smith, died New York City 11/9/1883.
Age 54. Born Morris County, New Jersey. Born 4/8/1830. Burial: Forest Hill Cemetery, Fredonia.
(2) Married (1) on 7/12/1865, Mary Louisa 8 Day of Fredonia, NY, (daughter of Mary Panthea 7 Willey and Stephen O Day. She died Troy, NJ, 5/29/1881. Burial: Forest Hill Cemetery, Fredonia. Lineage: see: Isaac Willey of New Longon, Conn and his descendants by Henry Willey (on line).
(3) Married (2) on 5/15/1883, Sarah Henderson Swearingen of Washington, D.C. She d. 6/7/1908. Burial Washington, D.C. No issue. Her sister, Sue Virginia Swearingen was the wife of Justice Stephen Johnson Field of the United States supreme Court. Sarah Henderson and Sue Virginia Swearingen were the daughters of Richard Swearingen and Isabella Virginia Cowan. Lineage: Richard Small 7 Swearingen; Abijah 6; Charles 5; Van 4; Thomas 3 Van Swearingen; Garrett 2 Van Sweringen (immigrant ancestor).
Children of Col John Condit Smith and Mary Louisa Day:
(1) George Condit Smith: b. 2/6/1866. d. 10/7/1894 at New York City. Burial Forest Hill Cemetery, Fredonia, NY
(2) John Condit Smith: b. 11/5/1867. d. 1/26/1905. Burial, Chicago.
(3) Louisa Adriana Condit Smith: b. 9/20/1869, Buffalo, New York. Married (1) on 11/18/1890, at Washington, D.C., Leonard Wood, M.D. (Maj Gen USA). She died 1/31/1943, age 72.
(4) Alice Condit Smith: b. 2/7/1871. Married (1) Cyrus Field Judson, on 6/8/1893, Washington, D.C. (Divorced).
Married (2) on 10/10/1906, Cambridge Livingston. She was living at 37 East 53rd St., New York City, on 1/13/1921, when the marriage of her daughter, Alice, was announced.
Cyrus Field Judson, was the grandson of Cyrus W Field, the brother of Justice Stephen J Field of the US Supreme Court.
Field Lineage: Stephen 7 J Field and Cyrus 7 W Field were sons of Rev David 6 Dudley Field (Capt Timothy 5 Field; David 4; Zechariah 2; Zechariah 1). Submit Dickinson (daughter of Noah Dickinson ) was married to Rev David Dudley Field on 10/31/1803 at Somers, Conn. For Field lineage: See Family of Rev David D Field, D,D., by Henry M Field (on line).
(5) Reginald: b. 1873. d. 1874.
(6) Grace Conduit Smith: b. 8/29/1874, Washington, D.C. Married (1) on 4/7/1898 at Washington D.C., Albert Lenoir Key (7/30/1860 to 1/26/1950)(Commodore, USN). She died 2/20/1918.
(7) Mary Osborn " Polly" Condit Smith. b. 9/24/1876. Married (1) Richard S. Stewart Hooker, USMC. Note: This is the same Mary "Polly" Condit Smith that was at the American Legation during the siege of the Legations during the Boxer Rebellion. She died 12/10/1918, Quantico, Prince William County, Virginia. He married (2) Dorothea Willard.
Richard Stewart Hooker: entered service 2/17/1900. Captain 2/1/1906. Station, special duty, headquarters, office of Brig Gen, commandant. He was the son of Richard Campbell Hooker and Elizabeth "Bessie" Foote Stewart who were married on 4/28/1874 at Washington DC. Bessie was the daughter of Senator William Morris Stewart of Nevada (8/9/1827-4/23/1909), and Annie Foote.
Note: Col John Condit Smith purchased the "The Mansion on Delaware Avenue," aka The "Charles F Sternberg House", located at 414 Delaware Ave., Buffalo, NY.
Note: See Colonial and Revolutionary Families of Pennsylvania, by John W Jordan pg 793. Google Col John Condit-Smith and this and other sources of information should come up.
Note: See: Historical Register of the US Army (on line) Google: Col John Condit-Smith.
Note: Leonard Wood: Who's Who in America, Vol 5, p. 2099. Google: Louise Condit-Smith and this will come up. Listing under Leonard Wood. (Maj. Gen. Leonard Wood: b. 10/9/1860; d. 8/7/1927)
Children of Maj Gen Leonard Wood and Louise Adriane Condit-Smith:
(1) Leonard Wood Jr. b. 10/22/1892, San Francisco. d. 8/27/1931.
(2) Osborne Cutler Wood b. 1897, Washington, D.C.; d. 1/30/1950. Married Katharine Thompson 3/8/1922, at Manilla, Philippines.
(3) Louise Barbara Wood, b. 3/29/1900, Havana, Cuba; d. 11/28/1960, New York. age 60.