Search for content in message boards

Wood of Albany Kentucky, Tennessee

Replies: 0

Wood of Albany Kentucky, Tennessee

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 6:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: wood
Old letter dated November 6, 1849 by Washington Wood in Albany, Kentucky and sent to his uncle George Wood in Rock Island, Tennessee.

Addressed to Mr. George Wood, Rock Island, Tennessee

Albany, Clinton County, Kentucky
November 6, 1849

Dear Uncle & Aunt & relations,

I take my pen in hand to inform you that we are all in common health at present for which we should ever be thankful to the giver of all good.

I have to state to you that Uncle James Wood died the 6th of September last. He was taken with a severe chill and fever and was troubled with the grav___ during his sickness.

My father is in better health than has been in a long time. He thinks that is fleshier now that he's been in a long time. Last winter, he coughed out blood and ____ for several times, and sometimes he coughed up at a time near a pint of blood and ____s, but now he is in good health and can go about yet. He don't do no business.

The crops about here is injured with dry weather. Wheat is 75 cents a bushel, corn one dollar a barrel, pork is 2.50 cents a hundred, beef 2 dollars a hundred and a deal at that.

Our county has sent one prisoner to the penitentiary this fall for 2 years.

I would be glad to hear from you all as soon as you can. Write as soon as you can and let us know how you all are. Eliza and family has moved to the place where Cousin John T. Wood used to live at. She moved to that place last Spring. Uncle John Wood has joined the Church again which is the old Baptist Church.

Washington R. Wood

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions