Search for content in message boards

John J Wood 1870-1932 - Alabama

Replies: 0

John J Wood 1870-1932 - Alabama

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 1:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Mar 2014 3:13PM GMT
Surnames: Wood Woods
I am looking for information on John J. Wood (born Oct 11, 1870 in either Alabama or Georgia - died July 17, 1932 and buried in Ragland, AL). John married Ada Charness/Chamblis/Chamness (Jan 16 1876-Aug 13, 1946) (daughter of John C Chamblis/Chamness and Elizabeth Syrean Duncan) on the 3rd of January 1892 in Saint Clair County. According to my two great aunts, John was raised by his maternal grandparents and took their last name of Wood. His father was supposedly a judge in St. Clair County, AL during this time. I do not know whether his mother divorced his father or they simply separated. John's death certificate lists his father as JJ Wood (I am supposing this was his grandfather) and his mother as Frances Wood (I am not sure if this is his mother or grandmother). John had 2 other brothers. According to his obituary he had 1 brother living at the time of his death whose name was "Tom." I do not have a name for the other sibling. I am looking for any information on John J's parents, especially his father. I am happy to share the information that I have on his family.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions