Search for content in message boards

Would give anything to find out who Henry Wood's wife is! (Wood family of Virginia)

Replies: 1

Would give anything to find out who Henry Wood's wife is! (Wood family of Virginia)

Posted: 9 Dec 2013 12:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Dec 2013 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Hodgson, Hyatt
My lifelong genealogy goal is to trace the matriarch out of the country (mother to mother etc) I have been extremely fortunate in that the women of my family tended to keep good records because I have an astonishing amount of accurate detailed info about most of them. Then there comes the brick wall. Mary Wood born August 7th, 1746 Cecil county Maryland married an unknown person last named Sale then married my 6g grandfather Asa Hyatt. Died in North carolina where all the rest of my family is from. On another site it said her father was Joseph Wood Jr and her mother was Sarah Hodgson so I was really happy til I found pretty conclusive proof that Mary's father is actually Henry Wood Jr who was born in Virginia (some sources say Orange some say Richmond) around 1717. They list his wife as Sarah Anne Wood (which I imagine is possible as cousins married each other back then) but I am thinking that's a nice way to say we have no idea what her maiden name is. They also have her born in orange Virginia around 1722. I realize this is a longshot when dealing with nearly 300 yr old mysteries but I feel I am so close like 1-2 generations of tracing my family back to whatever part of the united kingdom we are originally from. Sorry so wordy but any help is greatly appreciated!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wendy Mason 9 Dec 2013 7:25AM GMT 
GaryWood9962 12 Dec 2013 9:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions