Search for content in message boards

Parents of Amos S. Wood - Born on 3 Aug 1836 in Pennsylvania and Passed on 10 Oct 1894

Replies: 0

Parents of Amos S. Wood - Born on 3 Aug 1836 in Pennsylvania and Passed on 10 Oct 1894

Posted: 2 Jan 2014 6:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wood
Amos S. Wood is where the Wood family goes cold for me. Amos is my 2nd GGF. After him I have all the records to include a family bible that lists our family from Amos down to my mother, her maiden name is Wood.

I have no source records showing the parents for Amos S. Wood, only his descendants. I have found an Amos Wood living with ?his mother? Rebecca Wood on an 1850 and 1860 census records and until lately I have assumed it was him. Rebecca appears to be a single mother living with on the Farm of John and Sarah Ettinger. The Ettinger's have a large family and a large farm in Bucks County. They (the Ettinger's) appear on several census and tax record's of the time. I have researched them quite thoroughly online and have found no link to Rebecca as one of their daughters. If she was employed by them it does not state this on any of the census data. If she was a family member, a daughter or even a niece of the John and Sara I have not been able to make this connection. Even after John passes away Rebecca remains on the farm with Sara and Amos (now 24). Amos is the only male listed as living on the Farm and his occupation is as a Day Laborer. Shortly after this Amos marries and no longer shows up on any census data with Rebecca who stays on the farm.

Amos, his wife Rachel (Hunter), their first son LeGrand (died at 23) his wife's parents, Jonathon Hunter + Mary (Vansant) are all buried together in Beechwood Cemetery, in Bensalem, PA. I have found links for a Rebecca Wood buried in PA and NJ. I have never found a husband for Rebecca. Rebecca may not be Amos S. Wood's mother.

Any help finding the Parents of Amos would be great. I have recently found an Austin Wood 1790-1864 who was married to Louisa or Lois Ainsworth 1797-1874. They could be the missing link I am searching for.

I need help finding source documentation linking Amos to his parents.

Thanks is advance,

Dan Pitman

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions