Search for content in message boards

Looking for Edward Wood (1790?) Father of Reuben Wood (1820-1894)

Replies: 0

Looking for Edward Wood (1790?) Father of Reuben Wood (1820-1894)

Posted: 8 Mar 2014 6:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wood, Kipp
Looking for information on Edward Wood, possibly born in Massachusetts around 1790. He is listed as the Father of my 2nd Great Grandfather Reuben Wood's death entry in the Williamstown, Mass vital records. I have conflicting information on the place of birth for Edward. In Reuben Wood's 1880 census from Hoosick, New York, Reuben's parents are shown coming from Massachusetts (Father) and Rhode Island (Mother). On the death record, both are listed as being from New York.

Reuben's death record indicates he was born in Mechanicville, New York, and died in Williamstown, Mass.. However, he lived in Buskirk, New York and the surrounding area. Reuben's wife was Eliza Maria Kipp (1831-1893). She was the daughter of Jacob Yates Kipp and Joannah Eliza McChesney.

Other than a couple of census records from 1810 (Galway, Saratoga County) and 1830 (Salem, Washington County), and an Edward Wood listed as an Ensign in the NYS Militia, I have no other information for an Edward Wood being near Mechanicville, NY in 1820. There are several Edward Wood's in the immediate area, but none are the correct age range for my Edward.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Feel free to email me at ragsno1@gmail.com

Roger Hunt

Find a board about a specific topic