Search for content in message boards

wood of madison county Indiana

Replies: 1

Re: wood of madison county Indiana

Posted: 1 Dec 2013 2:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wood, Allen
Hello:

I am a genealogist in Virginia. I have been contacted by, and doing research for a descendant of Thomas Wood. His purpose in contacting me is to find the identity of Thomas Wood's parents.

I have been searching at the NC State Archives and the Library of Virginia. I have found nothing that states the identity of Thomas' parents. There are no birth records extant for NC at that time. I believe his birth year is probably about 1810, according to his census records. I believe Thomas' tombstone is inacurate in stating his age. If you go by the tombstone, the birth year is about 1804. But all the census records point to closer to 1810. The 1850 census says he was born in Person County, NC. He is living in Davie Co., NC in 1840 and 1850. His wife Ann (Ann, Anna, or Annie) is listed as being born in Davie Co., NC, per the 1850 census.

I could not find a marriage record for Thomas/Anna in NC. There are no Thomas Wood-Anna Allen marriages in the NC records.

I cannot find a death record for Thomas in IN either. A search of the Indiana Digital Archives website does not produce a death record. A search on ancestry.com in the database "IN Deaths, 1882-1920" does not produce a result either. I just sent off a request to the Madison Co., IN Health Dept. to do a genealogical search for his death record. Still waiting to hear from them. He dies in IN in 1895.

I am VERY interested in any information you might have on Thomas Wood. Please email me directly at: bribennpens@gmail.com

Thanks very much,

Brian Bennett
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
James Madison Wood 12 Sep 1999 6:15PM GMT 
Brian Bennett 1 Dec 2013 9:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions