Search for content in message boards

Desire Wood, abt. 1856

Replies: 2

Desire Wood, abt. 1856

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 7:27AM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2001 7:15PM GMT
I have purchased a Religious Album, for $38, which belonged to a woman named Desire Wood, from Maine. It is a leather-bound book made with blank pages and some lithographs, and many pages have hand-written passages written (by what seems to be from family and friends) to her. Many of these hand-written notes to her are poems and such, each carefully dated, and include a city name, as if each person who wrote the passage wanted her to know the origin of the person submitting the passage.
I purchased this little book in a small town in south Georgia, but its origin is clearly in or around Maine.
The notes in it, written to Desire Wood, are dated between 1852-1856. Some of the towns noted by some of the inscribers are Lowell, Farmington, N. Chelmsford, Pepperell, Hillsboro, NH, S Framingham, Strong, Fitchburg.
If you know of a descendent of Desire Wood, please contact me. I would like to reunite this book with a direct descendent.
Frankie Palisi, fpalisi@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
fjpalisi 20 Jan 2001 2:27PM GMT 
Grinnel 25 Jun 2002 12:18PM GMT 
fjpalisi 27 Jan 2013 1:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions